Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SJC-LAX-LHR and back $2800 all in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

SJC-LAX-LHR and back $2800 all in

I've been looking for biz class tickets from the bay area to LHR in January. AA, BA, UA etc all are pricing out $5600 or more r/t.

This morning DL showed a $2800 on VS and I jumped on it. What a great deal....
Old Oct 7, 2014, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, UA Silver
Bought one of these about 5 weeks ago for $2,500 all in with VS A340-600s on both TATL legs. Travelling in late March.
Old Oct 7, 2014, 12:01 pm

got two, two months ago for 2300 and change for end of may.

Last edited by Cymba; Oct 7, 2014 at 12:10 pm Reason: typo
Old Oct 20, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: VS Gold
Did you guys buy these on delta.com?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold, UA Silver
Yes, booked on delta.com.

Looks like pricing has fallen back into the low $2,300s for March travel.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:33 am
Original Member

Programs: All Airline & Hotel Programs (POINT JUNKIE!)
Thumbs up FLL/ATL/LHR

Booked on Virgin Atlantic. Holding confirmation for a few days - VS Upper Cl. FLL/LHR (thru ATL on Busi. Cl Delta) all in @$2,631 for Mid-May.

Really happy with this price. Solo traveller - Seatexpert (Airbus 330-300) recommends Seat 8A - would appreciate your recommendations.

First time on VS - Excited to experience LHR arrivals lounge. I have a few hours before my pick up arrives. What SPA services are available? What are the charges?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by ReneeMoss; Oct 27, 2014 at 1:34 am Reason: added info.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
What time do you arrive at LHR?

Revivals Lounge closes at 1:30pm

Originally Posted by ReneeMoss
Booked on Virgin Atlantic. Holding confirmation for a few days - VS Upper Cl. FLL/LHR (thru ATL on Busi. Cl Delta) all in @$2,631 for Mid-May.

Really happy with this price. Solo traveller - Seatexpert (Airbus 330-300) recommends Seat 8A - would appreciate your recommendations.

First time on VS - Excited to experience LHR arrivals lounge. I have a few hours before my pick up arrives. What SPA services are available? What are the charges?

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:08 pm
Original Member

Thumbs up Revised Booking

Hi Backdoc - I arrive at 7:40AM so I should have plenty of time to try out the Spa services?? I wasn't able to download the PDF of the Menu of SPA Treatments - I'll have to call. I'm going to arrange my pick up at around 11AM so I can enjoy the lounge for a few hours and arrive all 'spiffed' up for my granddaughter's wedding weekend.

Just before I gave my CC - I checked AGAIN - I was able to change my flight to my closer airport West Palm Beach - so my flights are PBI/ATL/LHR - Delta Business or First connecting to Virgin Upper Class and Hooray! - saved $$ - New Total all in is $2533. It's a far cry from the $7,800 I thought I was going to have to pay!!!!
Thanks Virgin!

Last edited by ReneeMoss; Oct 27, 2014 at 1:12 pm Reason: added info
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by maxmin
Did you guys buy these on delta.com?
Yes
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:18 pm
Original Member

Booking

I booked on Virgin Atlantic
Old Oct 30, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Member

Thumbs up Can't believe this!!!

Charged my ticket yesterday @ $2533.60 - Today price shows as $2032.40

Called Virgin Atlantic to credit $501.20 back $501.20

What a fantastic price for FIRST-UPPER CLASS PBI/ATL/LHR return
and I'm so happy I re-checked the price.....guess it pays to sit at the computer every day??? Maybe they will PAY ME to fly !!! Ha, ha!!!

I'm not flying until mid-May & I'm taking out a Travel Guard policy for Trip Cancellation/Interruption (w/pre-exsisting condition waiver) as I'm OLD and I'm leaving my even OLDER husband at home
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I guess that I knew that they would do that in "theory"...

They really credited it back to you?

Steve

and I'm so happy I re-checked the price.....guess it pays to sit at the computer every day??? Maybe they will PAY ME to fly !!! Ha, ha!!!

I'm not flying until mid-May & I'm taking out a Travel Guard policy for Trip Cancellation/Interruption (w/pre-exsisting condition waiver) as I'm OLD and I'm leaving my even OLDER husband at home
Old Nov 1, 2014, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by backdoc

Steve
Probably because the poster could have simply canceled the original ~$2500 booking within 24 hours due to DOT regulation departing from the US, and then rebooked at the ~$2000 price. Much better for VS to just refund the difference and keep things as is, definitely easier and better for the customer (compared to having a new $2000 charge and a $2500 credit, possibly taking up credit card credit line), and probably not any more difficult for VS. In fact, they probably save on the credit card processing fees doing it the way that they did. Smart move by VS ^.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:59 am

Last edited by Cymba; Nov 1, 2014 at 10:12 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 1, 2014, 10:56 am
Original Member

Talking Yep

Originally Posted by backdoc

Steve
Yes - they credited back to my card ----- However, when the price dropped ANOTHER $100 -----(more than 24 hrs. after ticketing) it was a NO GO

I saved on the insurance (lower full trip cost) and now the price is over 5K so I really shouldn't complain

FYI - After a long exhaustive search to find a policy to insure the Virgin Atlantic non refundable ticket - I see that Delta offers insurance (Allianz) - I could probably insure thru Delta using the Delta confirmation number as the domestic is on Delta metal??? To be sure, I am insuring w/Travel Guard using VS confirmation. Also because Allianz (changed name from Access America) has TERRIBLE reviews! Sorry for the segway - thought it might be a help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.