Miles booking change airport?

Old May 12, 2014, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Miles booking change airport?

I have a miles booking LHR-JFK-LHR, which cost 35000 miles + 244.36GBP.

In the past I've been able to change a leg of a booking such as this, to a different flight, but the same airports.

However this time it's looking like I might need to return from Miami, not JFK. Is it possible to change the airport also?

I realise there will be fare difference etc etc, just wondering if it is even possible.
Old May 12, 2014, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Yes, it is not a problem as long as there is an award flight available from Miami on your date. I've changed award flights leaving from JFK to LAX, and leaving from SFO to LAX. Being Gold you won't be charged for the change, but the difference in tax you'll be responsible for, but it is minimal.

Steve

Last edited by backdoc; May 12, 2014 at 10:27 pm
Old May 13, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by backdoc
Yes, it is not a problem as long as there is an award flight available from Miami on your date. I've changed award flights leaving from JFK to LAX, and leaving from SFO to LAX. Being Gold you won't be charged for the change, but the difference in tax you'll be responsible for, but it is minimal.

Steve
Yep, there's availability. THanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.