Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Is it possible to book a flight on DL with flying club points and remain Medallion upgrade eligible?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
Is it possible to book a flight on DL with flying club points and remain Medallion upgrade eligible?
I think you'd have to get your Skymiles number added to the reservation instead of your Flying Club number, which I don't know if they'll do.

My own recent experience, found VA J seats from LAX to a few different Australian cities that would work for a trip, but the VS agents can't book them, they said it keeps coming back unconfirmed. However, I was able to get them to book 2 DL J seats LAX-SYD for 75K miles per person and about $56. I'm still looking, though, because these flights are about two days earlier than I want to depart. Also, I was hoping to avoid DL because we'll be flying with an infant and they are about the only airline with no bassinets in business class (and they are really a pain to get in Y as well). On the positive side, the planes are all getting upgraded to the new DL suites starting next March or May so it should be a nice J product over all.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: Not care as much as before...
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Anybody know if you can book on Hawaiian for a trip from the US to Asia? I don't see a listing on the VS website, so it would have to be two separate awards?
Requires 2 separate awards. BUT even if simple Hawaii-AU/NZ awards, agent can't book it....Called twice (different agents), both failed
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:06 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
There is a lot of DL availability on some of the west coast routes i was checking, tons on SEA-PEK/PVG although those are both the older 767 product. But there is also space on the new A350 LAX-PVG-LAX. Some dates have 5 seats! A real bargain at 60k per direction, DL well over 2x that with Sky miles on the same dates.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
Apologies if this has been repeated: but following on from the news over the past two weeks that SQ has released First Class Suites availability to certain *A partners (seems to be max 1 seat per flight) on certain long haul routes to partners, I was tempted to see if Virgin could possibly also access this unicorn space too, and to my surprise they could and it was 100% bookable non-phantom space lol. This is despite the following stated on the VS website for SQ redemptions: "Spending miles: Redemptions in Business Class and First Class on their A380-800, 777-300ER, and A350-900 aircraft types are not available."

I ended up hurriedly using VS miles to book three separate one ways in Suites Class on the A380, 1x Ex-Auckland (AKL-SIN), and 2x ex-Singapore (SIN-AKL) to link up some other bookings. Looking forward to checking out the private room in Changi ^.
Each one way was 65k miles one way (I transferred US AMEX miles during the recent 30% bonus, so 50K one way - epic deal!), and incurred nominal taxes for the bookings, ~40 NZD ex. Auckland and ~80 NZD ex. Singapore. SQ specific PNRs check out on the SQ website, and reservations are ticketed and confirmed.

Call times on the three separate occasions were: 6 minutes (seriously); 32 minutes; and 17 minutes. Happy hunting!
I'm very late to the party, clearly, but does anybody know if this is still possible? I'd love to use some VS miles on SQ for the premium cabins
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:43 pm

I hate wasting agent’s times and I prefer to do some research ahead of time.

I am interested in DL flights to South America but VS doesn’t show GRU or EZE.

Is is there a way to correlate seats shown on delta.com to the space VS agents will have access to?

does VS have access to the same inventory AF.com shows? Or should I make assumptions based on what fare codes?

thank you.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by coltonatx
I hate wasting agent’s times and I prefer to do some research ahead of time.

I am interested in DL flights to South America but VS doesn’t show GRU or EZE.

Is is there a way to correlate seats shown on delta.com to the space VS agents will have access to?

does VS have access to the same inventory AF.com shows? Or should I make assumptions based on what fare codes?

thank you.
I booked EZE-ATL and it was the same as what I could see on the DL site.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I recently managed to book SIN-DPS-SIN in Y on SQ using Virgin Atlantic miles. Award space was showing on *A partner websites.

It required a HUACA as the first agent couldn't find the inventory. But the second agent found the award space quite quickly. No need to wait for any confirmation from SQ.

FWIW 15k miles + Ł40.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Originally Posted by ChelseaBlue1905
I'm very late to the party, clearly, but does anybody know if this is still possible? I'd love to use some VS miles on SQ for the premium cabins
I haven't booked since late last year, but what I would do is check United to see if SQ first/business award pops up on the route you are interested in, using their calendar tool. Then to make sure it isn't phantom, double check expert flyer, and if inventory is present in I class (business award) and O class (First award) then ring Virgin Atlantic and pass them the specific flight details/date and ask if they can see the inventory. If they can see it then they can book it. For what it's worth, I wouldn't start the conversation with Virgin Atlantic agents asking if they can book SQ business/first awards, as they will likely answer no (sticking to the script), but if they search for inventory and see it, and comes back confirmed when they check it then it's bookable despite all the provisos on their website saying you can't book these awards.

Also, not to get your hopes up, but you will never really see US-SIN SQ I/O awards on non *A partner programs such as VS, more often only APAC/ASEAN routes.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Just booked 5 seats. I always use my Virgin Miles on DL flights from West Coast.. The best option for me..
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:53 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by iqbalt80
Just booked 5 seats. I always use my Virgin Miles on DL flights from West Coast.. The best option for me..
in which class and where to?

if you don’t mind me asking...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
SEA - PEK, PVG - SEA. 5 Seats in Business
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Is there any way to search availability for cities/airports not showing in the list? Namely I want to search for ICN but it's not in the list.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80
SEA - PEK, PVG - SEA. 5 Seats in Business
i cant bear to use these miles on DLs 767-300 though, it’s a weak biz product. But the ability to get 5 biz awards is pretty nice. LAXPVG is the a350 w the suites and has decent availability too. Even LAXTYO is good, 5 seats on the a330 leaving tomorrow if you like!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:16 pm

Interesting... if DL has a direct flight where the flight number stays the same, VS doesn't seem to charge for 2 segments. I found one to asia where you can do a west coast US connection on the same DL flight # for no charge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.