FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club-506/)
-   -   (Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1536839-master-thread-except-ana-nh-using-vs-points.html)

zakami Dec 28, 2014 8:51 am

Originally Posted by rcurry01 (Post 24034009)
What class and what type of aircraft?

Economy. Nothing available on business (one of the flights is on a 77W, so wouldn't work anyway).

cloudsurfer1 Jan 8, 2015 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by garethmorgan (Post 22921621)
Booked one way SYD-LAX on VA in business. Had to wait 24 hours for confirmation but painless. A little confusion about acceptability of O/W awards but apparently there's a note at the bottom of the screen.

Pray tell, enlighten me as to how you accomplished this ! I rang them up with a strong resolve that I won't give up on them this time. So far I'm 36 mins into the call and have yet to speak with the proverbial carbon based life form they claim to have on duty. I'm beginning to suspect there's an automatic hold time of 45-60 mins after which they realize they have a sucker who's not leaving and pick up the phone...:confused:

flyingcharlie Jan 23, 2015 3:50 am

SQ redemptions for LHR SYD in F

Has anybody had any luck redeeming on SQ in F for LHR-SYD? I called Flying Club this morning and spoke to a nice chap who seemed to think it was pretty straightforward. He's given me a booking ref for LHR-SYD via SIN in F for a total of 230,000 miles at the beginning of March. However, he said I need to call back tomorrow to make sure the booking has gone through. If it happens, fantastic. But I'm curious to see how he's managed to bypass the SQ veto on accepting redemptions in First or Business on the A380, 777-300ER or A340-500.

Silver Fox Jan 23, 2015 4:50 am

Well that is an interesting one. In fact you might be best off asking on v-flyer (or looking there) although a lot of them post here too. I know that I have tried to do it using my United FF miles and business/first was firmly off the menu.

Nottingham Nick Jan 23, 2015 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyingcharlie (Post 24218960)
........................ But I'm curious to see how he's managed to bypass the SQ veto on accepting redemptions in First or Business on the A380, 777-300ER or A340-500.

You and me both! I sincerely hope the agent has come through for you... any information or tips you manage to glean will be very gratefully received on this board.

Nick

stockmanjr Jan 24, 2015 5:09 am

Does VS charge YQ on SAA awards?
Cheers
Howie

benberg2013 Jan 25, 2015 1:47 pm

I have a flight from LHR - MAN, leaving from T2 i think, this is little red flight. I saw somewhere that it is bookable with VS, but is operated by Aer lingus, and then I think I saw somewhere that the livery (assumably the metal) is VS? What should I expect? :confused:

Also, I have VS silver, but this would not get me into the lounge as far as i know, but Is it possible to be guested, or do VS not have a rule like that?

takhliq1 Feb 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by fMD (Post 23739622)
Hi everyone,

I'm interested in redeeming miles on Delta to TLV. I'm wondering:
Are there fuel surcharges on Delta? (I've read conflicting reports)
Are one way awards allowed?
The miles needed (80/120k) seems pretty good, is there a reason why people don't use this more often?

Sorry for the basic questions, and thanks in advance!

Hi fMD,
I know its been 4 months and there were no replies to your post but wanted to chime in just in case you are still looking for answer.

There will be no fuel surcharges on Delta as long as your trip does not begin in Europe.
One way awards are not allowed but open jaw is permitted.

dhoward Feb 18, 2015 12:27 am

Originally Posted by takhliq1 (Post 24369265)
Hi fMD,
I know its been 4 months and there were no replies to your post but wanted to chime in just in case you are still looking for answer.

There will be no fuel surcharges on Delta as long as your trip does not begin in Europe.
One way awards are not allowed but open jaw is permitted.

I thought that there had been reports that awards on Delta originating in Europe did not attract fuel surcharges when booked via VS?

dannyrado Feb 19, 2015 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by flyingcharlie (Post 24218960)
Has anybody had any luck redeeming on SQ in F for LHR-SYD? I called Flying Club this morning and spoke to a nice chap who seemed to think it was pretty straightforward. He's given me a booking ref for LHR-SYD via SIN in F for a total of 230,000 miles at the beginning of March. However, he said I need to call back tomorrow to make sure the booking has gone through. If it happens, fantastic. But I'm curious to see how he's managed to bypass the SQ veto on accepting redemptions in First or Business on the A380, 777-300ER or A340-500.

Would love to know how this turned out....

LaikaSpacedog Feb 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Me, too. I keep checking back for updates as I'm rather curious.

atomicc8 Mar 3, 2015 5:23 am

Hobart to Melbourne one way 8000 miles and $12 tax Virgin Australia.

kazt Mar 6, 2015 7:25 pm

ANA booking

Similar to others here, I had a bad experience with calling Flying Club. I called FC in the UK trying to get a first class award on ANA for NRT-IAD-NRT in early September. After being told no availability for a variety of dates as well as nothing for JFK and ORD, very long pause for each inquiry as well as 4 different calls, I called Hong Kong and I was able to secure an award seat almost immediately for the exact dates that I wanted.
After the closure of the Japan FC office, HKG seems to be a good place to make ANA bookings.

Nottingham Nick Mar 8, 2015 3:19 am

Originally Posted by kazt (Post 24468036)
.......After the closure of the Japan FC office, HKG seems to be a good place to make ANA bookings.

Thanks for the tip ^^

Nick

dhoward Mar 8, 2015 4:23 am

Originally Posted by kazt (Post 24468036)
Similar to others here, I had a bad experience with calling Flying Club. I called FC in the UK trying to get a first class award on ANA for NRT-IAD-NRT in early September. After being told no availability for a variety of dates as well as nothing for JFK and ORD, very long pause for each inquiry as well as 4 different calls, I called Hong Kong and I was able to secure an award seat almost immediately for the exact dates that I wanted.
After the closure of the Japan FC office, HKG seems to be a good place to make ANA bookings.

Thank you. Great tip!

Did availability via HK office match ANA website?

Shame there is rarely availability on ANA from Europe