Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Please report experiences of booking Partner Airline except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Please report experiences of booking Partner Airline except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Hide Wikipost
Old May 9, 18, 4:23 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: geclub1
Wiki Link
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 30, 19, 10:43 pm

I hate wasting agentís times and I prefer to do some research ahead of time.

I am interested in DL flights to South America but VS doesnít show GRU or EZE.

Is is there a way to correlate seats shown on delta.com to the space VS agents will have access to?

does VS have access to the same inventory AF.com shows? Or should I make assumptions based on what fare codes?

thank you.
Old Jan 31, 19, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by coltonatx View Post
I hate wasting agentís times and I prefer to do some research ahead of time.

I am interested in DL flights to South America but VS doesnít show GRU or EZE.

Is is there a way to correlate seats shown on delta.com to the space VS agents will have access to?

does VS have access to the same inventory AF.com shows? Or should I make assumptions based on what fare codes?

thank you.
I booked EZE-ATL and it was the same as what I could see on the DL site.
Old Feb 13, 19, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I recently managed to book SIN-DPS-SIN in Y on SQ using Virgin Atlantic miles. Award space was showing on *A partner websites.

It required a HUACA as the first agent couldn't find the inventory. But the second agent found the award space quite quickly. No need to wait for any confirmation from SQ.

FWIW 15k miles + £40.
Old Feb 15, 19, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
Originally Posted by ChelseaBlue1905 View Post
I'm very late to the party, clearly, but does anybody know if this is still possible? I'd love to use some VS miles on SQ for the premium cabins
I haven't booked since late last year, but what I would do is check United to see if SQ first/business award pops up on the route you are interested in, using their calendar tool. Then to make sure it isn't phantom, double check expert flyer, and if inventory is present in I class (business award) and O class (First award) then ring Virgin Atlantic and pass them the specific flight details/date and ask if they can see the inventory. If they can see it then they can book it. For what it's worth, I wouldn't start the conversation with Virgin Atlantic agents asking if they can book SQ business/first awards, as they will likely answer no (sticking to the script), but if they search for inventory and see it, and comes back confirmed when they check it then it's bookable despite all the provisos on their website saying you can't book these awards.

Also, not to get your hopes up, but you will never really see US-SIN SQ I/O awards on non *A partner programs such as VS, more often only APAC/ASEAN routes.
Old Feb 18, 19, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Just booked 5 seats. I always use my Virgin Miles on DL flights from West Coast.. The best option for me..
Old Feb 18, 19, 1:53 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN
Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
Just booked 5 seats. I always use my Virgin Miles on DL flights from West Coast.. The best option for me..
in which class and where to?

if you donít mind me asking...
Old Feb 18, 19, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
SEA - PEK, PVG - SEA. 5 Seats in Business
Lewis42 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 19, 9:47 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/AA Platinum, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Is there any way to search availability for cities/airports not showing in the list? Namely I want to search for ICN but it's not in the list.
Old Feb 19, 19, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by iqbalt80 View Post
SEA - PEK, PVG - SEA. 5 Seats in Business
i cant bear to use these miles on DLs 767-300 though, itís a weak biz product. But the ability to get 5 biz awards is pretty nice. LAXPVG is the a350 w the suites and has decent availability too. Even LAXTYO is good, 5 seats on the a330 leaving tomorrow if you like!
Old Feb 20, 19, 8:16 pm

Interesting... if DL has a direct flight where the flight number stays the same, VS doesn't seem to charge for 2 segments. I found one to asia where you can do a west coast US connection on the same DL flight # for no charge.
Old Feb 23, 19, 4:03 pm

Virgin's website was vague on the terms, so I wanted to ask here. I'm looking at booking a delta roundtrip with Virgin Atlantic miles. It seems like according to the terms, I can change the dates of the tickets for a $50 change fee. Is that correct? I am unclear if partner awards count in their terms for the change fee.
Old Feb 27, 19, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
LAX-AMS in Delta One for the whole family booked Feb 2019 for summer vacation in Europe. 50k+$5.60 a head, refunded 70k pp tickets on LAX-VIE booked via United previously. Netted us better seats (DL A330 reverse herringbone), big mileage savings, plus my 9yo wanted to see Ann Frank house before European vacay got rolling.
Old Mar 3, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, UA Gold
Looking for a Delta One partner award using VS miles some time this Spring or early Summer BOS-EDI. The Virgin Atlantic website is showing availability Jun 4-9 in Delta One for 95K miles + $1,319.53 in fees. I thought if I could find Delta space the fees should be $5.60? Air France shows the same flight for 113K miles + $10.10. Expertflyer shows saver availability on DL.

Are there any tricks to getting lower fees on Delta flights via VS?
Old Mar 4, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Hi All, I've read through all the comments and I really had no idea there was so much use for my flying club miles. Any tips on booking AKL - SYD in business with Air NZ?? Every time I call they can never find availability
Old Mar 5, 19, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by noddie09 View Post
Hi All, I've read through all the comments and I really had no idea there was so much use for my flying club miles. Any tips on booking AKL - SYD in business with Air NZ?? Every time I call they can never find availability
Unfortunately trying to get award seats on NZ is next to impossible. They simply don't release many.
noddie09 likes this.

Search this Thread