Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

Please report experiences of booking Partner Airline except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Please report experiences of booking Partner Airline except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Hide Wikipost
Old May 9, 18, 4:23 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: geclub1
Wiki Link
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 4, 17, 12:55 pm

Air New Zealand Easy and Accurate

Just booked two different awards on Air New Zealand for next February. Seats showed up on United search. Ran them by the agent, and after the usual short holds and weird system issues (less than 5 minutes) I was able to book two of the following:

AKL-BHE intra NZ: 7500 miles each
ZQN-SYD nz to australia: 10k miles each

Total taxes $99, which is the same as what United showed for ONLY the ZQN-SYD leg... so a few dollars better and half as many miles as United.
Old Jul 30, 17, 6:41 pm

Anyone know if VS will allow awards on Delta to Palau? As it isn't listed in their regions technically.
Old Aug 29, 17, 2:51 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
Just picked this up from head for points

Re Malaysia Airlines (MH) the VS partnership is ending on 31st August so no more miles earning or spending.
Old Sep 14, 17, 8:23 pm

Programs: MH Plat, AC 35k, AS MVPG, HH
Are domestic DL awards still allowed? The VS website only shows rates for DL international awards, and domestic flights aren't bookable online.
Old Sep 17, 17, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Eurobonus Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Singapore

Thinking of phoning FC and asking about availability of 3 seats in J from FUK-SIN. Is this an impossibility and a waste of a phone call?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 17, 17, 1:39 pm

Programs: MH Plat, AC 35k, AS MVPG, HH
Originally Posted by waribai View Post
Thinking of phoning FC and asking about availability of 3 seats in J from FUK-SIN. Is this an impossibility and a waste of a phone call?

Thanks in advance!
Check availability for *A partners first. The ANA, Lifemiles and Aeroplan websites should display SQ partner availability, which should reflect what VS sees.
Old Sep 24, 17, 7:07 am
p78

Programs: BA Silver, Aegan Gold, Hilton Diamond
is any chance to book FRA-PEK First Class? DO I need 75000 points?
Old Oct 6, 17, 6:41 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott & SPG Plat; Hilton Honors Gold; Marriott Gold
I just booked BOS-CDG one-way in J on Delta using VS Flying club miles for the summer of 2018. It was 50,000 FlyingClub Miles per seat and $5.60 in tax. I was able to find a unicorn: 4 J seats all on the same flight for a Friday evening departure.

The experience could not have been easier. I found the seats on Delta.com and verified they were available for partners with FlyingBlue. I called up VS and the agent confirmed availability instantly. I was about 6,000 miles short in my account and transferred those from a credit card whilst the agent was on the phone. The entire process including giving all of the names and DOBs was less than 10 minutes including hold time. Confirmation email came through within a minute and I was able to select seats on delta.com.

People complain about VS miles, I have had some of by best value redemptions with them.
bizum likes this.
Old Oct 6, 17, 8:12 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Booked two MSY-LAX for next year on Delta one way. I found that the seats were available on Delta for 35,000 miles one way. I called VS (hold time was less than a minute).The rep was fantastic. He said two tickets were available on Delta One for 22,500 miles + $5.6 for one ticket. I booked them right away. For LAX-MSY, I booked Delta premium for 17,500 miles.

This was an awesome value compared to Delta given that i saved a total of Delta 25,000 miles, RT tickets were around $775 (in first), and VS credit card earns 2.1 miles per dollar spent vs. around 1.4x on the Amex Delta Platinum.
Old Oct 10, 17, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Fairmont Platinum
Are you able to book VS and 9W on the same ticket? Looking at LHR-DEL on VS and then a domestic on 9W on the same ticket to use the UC luggage allowance.
Old Oct 11, 17, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Looks like we can book DL awards on VS website.
Old Oct 11, 17, 7:13 pm

have been enjoying these hidden gems for a few years. with online booking now and bloggers, DL will revoke inventory and VS raise prices to match SkyMiles pricing.
Old Oct 12, 17, 11:31 am

right on cue
Old Oct 13, 17, 7:12 am

Programs: AS 75K, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
have been enjoying these hidden gems for a few years. with online booking now and bloggers, DL will revoke inventory and VS raise prices to match SkyMiles pricing.
Can't think of one hidden gem/trick that gets heavily blogged that continues to work a year down the line. Once people started blogging about VS's credit card churning and taking a trip to Necker Island, BofA implemented churning rules. Pretty soon, you will have Boardingarea writing about pretty much nothing.
Old Oct 13, 17, 9:12 am

Programs: A3 *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Can't think of one hidden gem/trick that gets heavily blogged that continues to work a year down the line. Once people started blogging about VS's credit card churning and taking a trip to Necker Island, BofA implemented churning rules. Pretty soon, you will have Boardingarea writing about pretty much nothing.
Cannot agree more.
Virgin America First was readily available using VS points. It took a merger to kill that one off, since it was under the radar.

Search this Thread