Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Old Mar 8, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: geclub1
Flying Club Contact Info

USA +1 800 365 9500

SOUTH AFRICA +27 11 340 3535

HONG KONG +852 2532 6060 9 AM to 6 PM M-F 9 AM to 2 PM Sat

CHINA +86 21 5353 4600

INDIA +1-800-102-3000 ( Toll Free )
+91-124-4693030

CARIBBEAN +1 800 744 7477

Tips to Book Partner Awards:

Delta:

Check af.com for availability.

Virgin Australia:

One-way awards possible
Print Wikipost

(Master Thread) except ANA (NH) using VS points.

Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:56 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by lyniguez
So i've been on/off the phone with Virgin Atlantic for the past few days trying to get an exact booking for my family. They've only been able to release 2 of the 4 that I need every time. Tried doing all 4, 2 and 2, and each one separately to no avail.

I messaged Virgin America to see if they could help me out and release some awards seats. This is the response I got and i found it VERY helpful.

The only way to book a fight through Virgin Atlantic would be to go to the web site, click on "Contact Us/FAQs and from there click on the email icon. On the Email Us page, click on the button next to ELEVATE and from there fill out all the necessary information. By the question that asks "Elevate Help Request" you will then click on the button that says "Redeem Points With Our Partner Airlines". From there you can request to book rewards flights throught Virgin Atlantic.
Hope this helps.
so what was the outcome. You emailed VX to book VX operated flights with your VS miles and it worked?
Old Jun 24, 2016, 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
so what was the outcome. You emailed VX to book VX operated flights with your VS miles and it worked?
Yes, they have a "burn" department that called me back later that week and helped me sort everything out.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:39 pm

When I booked an NH ticket, the first agent told me he would request it and to call back later in the day to find out if it went through or not. Called back later in the day and the second agent had no idea what I was talking about with the ticket on request. He directly booked the flight for me.
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Reikon
When I booked an NH ticket, the first agent told me he would request it and to call back later in the day to find out if it went through or not. Called back later in the day and the second agent had no idea what I was talking about with the ticket on request. He directly booked the flight for me.
Interesting to report this, I always liked the ANA and certainly am looking forward to a trip in F when I collect enough miles.
Do we know, is the availability for ANA that Virgin can booked the same as the ANA F redemption availability reported on Expertflyer?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:18 am

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Interesting to report this, I always liked the ANA and certainly am looking forward to a trip in F when I collect enough miles.
Do we know, is the availability for ANA that Virgin can booked the same as the ANA F redemption availability reported on Expertflyer?
In my experience, no. It appears to me EF is showing ANA's availability for its own members.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by geclub1
In my experience, no. It appears to me EF is showing ANA's availability for its own members.
Any workaround to find the availability for Virgin members? Don't want to spend hours on the phone figuring out when seats are available
Old Jul 15, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Any workaround to find the availability for Virgin members? Don't want to spend hours on the phone figuring out when seats are available
My approach is to use EF to find and then confirm it by using either United or Air Canada sites.
Old Jul 17, 2016, 6:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
When I check for flights EWR to Tokyo. In all cases United flights are involved.

Can these flights be booked or isn't it possible?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
As best I can tell I'm seeing 100% blocking of ANA premium class partner awards from USA - Tokyo for my late July trip. Has anyone been able to book VS awards on NH since mid-May?

I've tried talking to both the US and Hong Kong offices and always come out empty handed.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
As best I can tell I'm seeing 100% blocking of ANA premium class partner awards from USA - Tokyo for my late July trip. Has anyone been able to book VS awards on NH since mid-May?

I've tried talking to both the US and Hong Kong offices and always come out empty handed.
Ugh, that sucks. Are they blocking specific routes, or all premium space?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+
ANA will no longer be a redemption partner starting Oct 1st

Originally Posted by SilverChris
Ugh, that sucks. Are they blocking specific routes, or all premium space?
And it gets worse. Only route redeemable for miles is LHR-HND and all travel has to be COMPLETED before Oct 1st. The agent said they got a bulletin a few days ago. Spoke to at least 3 different ones and none were able to book flights from US-NRT even though United and EF both showed availability. This sucks big time!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by LAXR202W
And it gets worse. Only route redeemable for miles is LHR-HND and all travel has to be COMPLETED before Oct 1st. The agent said they got a bulletin a few days ago. Spoke to at least 3 different ones and none were able to book flights from US-NRT even though United and EF both showed availability. This sucks big time!
Thanks for the info. They should really be more forthcoming with the restrictions rather than give their members the runaround.

Is the VS-NH partnership totally ending, or become an earn-only partner? Either way, it'll suck big time...
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:53 am

Programs: Southwest A-List, AMC Stubs A-List, Chick-fil-A-List
Flying Club wrote back to me after I inquired about the ANA changes:

"Our codeshare agreement with All Nippon Airways is ending on 29 October 2016, however, we will continue our interline and frequent flyer relationship with them.

The fact our codeshare agreement is stopping will not affect your ability to redeem your ability to book flights on all routes with ANA using your Flying Club miles."

In practice though, I'm not seeing that.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic
Original Poster

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by SpeedyDelivery
........In practice though, I'm not seeing that.
The hype and the reality of Flying Club partner redemptions are often poles apart.

Nick
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:04 am

Booking Singapore airlines using VS miles

Basically trying to book Singapore airlines flights using VS miles so phoned flying club helpline

The lady said she could not see availability on the system and recommended me phone Singapore to ask if they are going to release some.

i logged into my Singapore account and there is availability(but i dont have enough krisflyer miles)

anyone got any idea what to do??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.