Search

LHR connection & Clubhouse access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
LHR connection & Clubhouse access

Dear Experts

I'll be enjoying a few hour-long layover in LHR.
I'm arriving on VA (upper class) and connecting to AZ.

The SkyTeam lounge in T4 is pretty good and I could wait there, but I'm wondering if I could have access to the Clubhouse in T3, or is it that for departing flights only ?

In any case I'll be able to shower in the Revivals lounge, won't I ?

TIA
Old Dec 10, 2013, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Club House is for pax departing on VS metal only. Also in the UK you can only get air-side for the terminal you are departing from.

Yes you will have access to Revivals depending on which flight you are arriving it. It closes at 13.30.

Yes you should be able to get a shower but depending on your arrival time you may have a short wait - book at the reception desk when you arrive there.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
If you're on VS20...

I doubt that you would want to use Revivals Lounge at LHR (its not that great) if you land at 11:17am and only have a few hours to transit to T4 for your AZ flight.

You have to "enter the country", which is admittedly easy with the pink FastTrack cards that you receive in UC prior to arrival. Then go to Revivals for a snack/shower, then take the Heathrow Express to T4 and then go through security again. If you're not flying business or 1st on AZ then you'll have to deal with the scrum through security.

If it were me I'd do Flight Connections bus to T4, security, and go to the Skyteam lounge.

I'll be doing LAX-LHR, LHR-JNB next Monday in UC so I'll have Clubhouse access, which we all know is amazing. I usually skip Revivals when I have to change terminals unless its 4 or 5 hours of layover.

Steve

Originally Posted by thesaints
Dear Experts

I'll be enjoying a few hour-long layover in LHR.
I'm arriving on VA (upper class) and connecting to AZ.

The SkyTeam lounge in T4 is pretty good and I could wait there, but I'm wondering if I could have access to the Clubhouse in T3, or is it that for departing flights only ?

In any case I'll be able to shower in the Revivals lounge, won't I ?

TIA
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Thank you for all the good advice.

Mine is a long layover. Just curious to check out Revivals.

Is it worth keeping the Fasttrack card I'll be given for another time when I'll be not in UC and have a tight connection ? Maybe those card are dated, or change every so often.

Is seating in the 747's upper deck better than downstairs, as I suspect ?
Which UC seat would you pick on that plane ?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by thesaints
Is it worth keeping the Fasttrack card I'll be given for another time when I'll be not in UC and have a tight connection ? Maybe those card are dated, or change every so often.
I understands from reports elsewhere on here that fast track is now monitored before you get into the queue and they ask to see your passport and boarding pass and turn away those that don't qualify. Remember not all airlines subscribe to fast track as it is a paid for service. Plus if you have a connection you should really follow the connections route rather than enter the UK and then have to re-clear security.

Is seating in the 747's upper deck better than downstairs, as I suspect ?
Which UC seat would you pick on that plane ?
Some people like the upper deck. some don't. It can be an issue with toilets and getting off as the rear 1/2 of the upper deck is Y seating.

Also on some flights the upper deck UC seating area is designated as the snooze zone which has reduced service levels to allow for sleep.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Dec 11, 2013 at 9:39 am
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat
I am connecting JFK-LHR-EDI next week in UC. I have 2 hrs 40 mins for the connection. Hand baggage only. Arrival shower is important to me before LHR-EDI service. Altho UC on TA segment, the domestic segment shows as Y so I assume for security purposes no access to Fastrack in T1 if i enjoy the Revivals Lounge and then transfer landside. Any strong opinions on the airside versus landside options (from T3 to T1) as new territory for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.