Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VA miles to Book VX

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

VS miles to Book VX

I have lots of VS miles and am thinking of flying JFK to LAX using VX. I know that I need to call VA to book such a trip. Anyone with experience doing this, regarding good or bad availability. My understanding is that its 25,000 for this roundtrip.

Last edited by stevelb; Nov 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
VA miles or VS miles?
VA is Virgin Australia - VS is Virgin Atlantic
Old Nov 3, 2013, 10:35 pm

VA or VS

noticed that this has been cross posted in both VS and VX forums.

if you are redeeming VS FC miles for travel on VX, hope you get better experience than one that was reported on this forum http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...n-america.html

Last edited by desi; Nov 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:51 pm

Programs: MR-Platinum, Club Carlson - Gold Elite, Hyat - Diamond, BA - Gold, Virgin - Gold
I just completed my travel on Virgin America using my Virgin Atlantic points and it was pleasantly easy.

Checked VX online for availability using Elevate points and then when I found the available flight.

Called Virgin Atlantic and provided the dates and times. Very nice lady provided my confirmation number and told me that I would receive the econfirmation in a couple of days.

Took the flight this weekend and VX service was excellent.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:51 pm

Are they all as lovely as per the YouTube video?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:57 am

Programs: MR-Platinum, Club Carlson - Gold Elite, Hyat - Diamond, BA - Gold, Virgin - Gold
They are!!!

They even did a version of the dance to the Safety Briefing
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by TravelingPaddy
I just completed my travel on Virgin America using my Virgin Atlantic points and it was pleasantly easy.

Checked VX online for availability using Elevate points and then when I found the available flight.

Called Virgin Atlantic and provided the dates and times. Very nice lady provided my confirmation number and told me that I would receive the econfirmation in a couple of days.

Since VX has a revenue based FFP, all flights will be available with Elevate points, how did you find out which ones will be available to partners?
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:06 pm

They are!!!

They even did a version of the dance to the Safety Briefing
Might have to include a VX flight on my next US trip
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC

How many miles per VX dollar/flight/etc?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 10:56 am

Can you redeem a one-way ticket or roundtrip only?
Old Dec 12, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Since VX has a revenue based FFP, all flights will be available with Elevate points, how did you find out which ones will be available to partners?

bump.

Originally Posted by zhengqiji
Can you redeem a one-way ticket or roundtrip only?
Only RT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.