VS and Air Tahiti to PPT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, VS Au, BA Mauve
VS and Air Tahiti to PPT

Morning all.

So, SWMBO has decided that she wants to go to Bora Bora next year

I've been looking in how to get there and from LHR via LAX appears to be the best route.

I see that VS have an interline agreement with Air Tahiti... However, I see no way of booking that, or, if I manage to get a VS flight number on Air Tahiti, if I'll accrue any tier points / mileage, etc. I've found what appears to be a good fare on kayak of around £1410 via LAX with VS / Air Tahiti for some rough dates next feb (although we are completely flexible regarding dates: I'm aware it can be a bit moist up to April)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 4:14 am
Original Poster

One last thing.... A few nights in LAX wouldn't go amiss either
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:14 am
Ambassador

As I understand it, the interline agreement means you can book VS and TN on one itinerary (like the one you found on Kayak) - it doesn't mean that they put their codes on one another's flights.

If you want to earn VS miles, you could perhaps go with HA from LAX to PPT via HNL.
Old Jul 16, 2013, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks BA304 for getting back to me. As this looks like it may be the holiday of a lifetime, stopping off in Hawaii may not be a bad idea. I was having a quick look on Great Circle Mapper and reckoened we could do this routing: http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=LHR-LAX...kl-syd-hkg-lhr

Again, thanks for the help...

Paul
Old Jul 18, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Dunno if it's any help, but I looked at doing this on on BA/VS/AS, with a layover in LA on the way out, and Maui and San diego on the way back. It was actually the reason why I started my blog, which has morphed somewhat subsequently.

Prices, mileage etc may have changed since then, but it might give you some extra thoughts.

http://www.goingonrewards.com/2013/0...imefinale.html

Last edited by tangey; Jul 18, 2013 at 10:06 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.