Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

VS29 - Seat Selection - when can I choose my seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS29 - Seat Selection - when can I choose my seat?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2013, 1:58 pm

Hoping someone can shed some light on my issue!

Booked PE LGW to Antigua approx 1 year ago and seats on the upper deck were requested at the time of booking. This shows on all my paperwork.

I was told by Virgin Holidays that as long as I check in online 24 hrs beforehand then the seats will be allocated to me on the upper deck.

Does this sound right??? Everything I read seems to contradict this. Help please
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:20 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Virgin Holidays have their own allocation of seats on all LGW flights. I have never used them so cannot comment on how rigidly their seats requests are honoured.

For passengers who have requested seats via the Virgin Atlantic website, it is very much a lottery - they are often honoured and often changed - pot luck.

There may be some VH experts who read this board, but you could also ask on the VH facebook page for opinions.

Nick
Old Aug 8, 2013, 2:37 pm

Thank you for your welcome and reply.

I'll give the Facebook route a try. Never thought of that!
Old Aug 8, 2013, 3:21 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Good luck - Make sure you go to the VH page, not the Virgin Atlantic page - seat requests and their subsequent changes are a very thorny issue on the VS page.

When you have travelled, please come back and let us know how you went on.

Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.