Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tesco 50% Promotion Thing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
Originally Posted by higham44
Spoilt for choice. Which you going for?
None of them lol, not this year anyway.
Next year should be our Oz trip
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The thing with Flying Club is you forfeit 25% of your miles if your plans change. With BAEC, as a gold card member, I can reserve anything I want 330 days out and then cancel if I change my mind or decide to go elsewhere. I suspect some of the potential availability is hoovered up due to people doing that...

So based on that alone there ought to be more availability on VS, but at the same time it's highly risky for a high proportion of people to book so far in advance since a million things could happen that mean you can't take holidays or travel as hoped...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A variety of Platinums, Golds, Silvers and other fancy metals.
That makes sense.
Sadly I'm on red on VS and blue on BA, so I wouldn't get any special privileges if I did need to change the dates anyway.

Makes sense about the booking so far in ahead too. I suppose I'm lucky in the way that I know nothing will happen at work that prevents me from travelling (bar the airport blowing up) and Mrs S will be doing temp work for the months before and after so we know she'll have the leave too.

We did book this summers holiday (30/07-19/08) 296 days in advance - as we do for all our long haul hols, lol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.