Can I upgrade one way BOM-LHR-IAD?

Old Dec 17, 12, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, United 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
Can I upgrade one way BOM-LHR-IAD?

I can't find explicit guidance on the website on this. Is it possible - subject to inventory, of course - to upgrade a one way PE ticket from India (either BOM or DEL) to Washington via London?

If it is, I know that I would need to purchase a W or S fare but I can only get the website to give me a K fare. There isn't the option with a one way on that route to request a higher PE fare.

An alternative I'm considering is to book two D fares and use miles for two companion tickets. I can't see anywhere that says i can do that with a one way, but I can't see anything that says I can't either. Anyone with experience of something similar?

Thanks
Old Dec 17, 12, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
Yyou need to use the 'upgrade/companion' flights tab within the FC part of the website not the general booking engine.

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...ghts/index.jsp
Old Dec 17, 12, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, United 1k, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Silver
Thanks. I've just given that a try, but when I put Delhi or Bombay as the departure point, the only destination I'm allowed is London. I know that I should be able do a companion booking on the route because under the T&Cs it specifically says that for flights from India to the US, D class bookings are allowed rather than just J.

All a bit confusing.
Old Dec 18, 12, 9:38 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Yes you can, but the best thing is to call VS to check availability and book.

Search this Thread