Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Redemption For New Yorker?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Best Redemption For New Yorker?

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out the best redemption of VS miles for a New Yorker. The fees make a flight to London almost the same as paying the whole fare out of pocket.

From what I've read on here, it seems the consensus is either transfer them to Hilton HHonors points or call a partner airline (e.g. US Airways) to do a redemption. Am I missing another option or are those the best routes?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
One of the best uses is for upgrades to a revenue ticket. Buy an L fare (economy) and you'll earn on the base fare you fly, + upgrade the ticket to Upper Class with your miles
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:40 pm

also a NYer with 130k virgin atlantic miles. when you call to book a US airways flight using virgin atlantic miles, do they go 1:1? ie, if a flight from NYC-CDG is 35k off peak & say $50 booking fee, and you find that flight on US airways's website, if you call to book via virgin atlantic hotline would it be 35k virgin atlantic miles & $50?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: HHonors Silver, UA (no status, but lots of miles!)
You can also redeem on VX.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by b-lab
Hey all, I'm trying to figure out the best redemption of VS miles for a New Yorker. The fees make a flight to London almost the same as paying the whole fare out of pocket.

From what I've read on here, it seems the consensus is either transfer them to Hilton HHonors points or call a partner airline (e.g. US Airways) to do a redemption. Am I missing another option or are those the best routes?
You can redeem on virgin america...no yq on those

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.