Wiki Posts
Search

New UC amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

New UC amenity kit

Not quite sure what to think of it really. In shape it looks like like a traditional European hand held man bag. The fabric is felt with red stitching. It certain looks less useful than the shoebag...though I have a small mountain of those so perhaps a change is good.

The contents are as before plus the cheapest, oddest looking pen you can imagine. Great shame not to provide some moisturiser from Cowshed. Though I guess VS think all their customers would always travel with some.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:26 am
Ambassador

Bit of a strange choice in my opinion but I'm glad it doesn't say Upper Class anymore.

There seem to be two sizes - inbound/outbound or is that just by coincidence?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
The thinking is "E-Book reader case" and "Travel Wallet" but whilst I might have considered using the OB travel wallets I wouldn't dream of using this.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:05 pm

Ahem

There are indeed two sizes -- for day and night flights.

It does say Upper Class -- inside the iPad case, at least.

I quite like it. It is a small but tangible improvement on the snooze pack -- but still some way from what it might be.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 4:10 pm
Ambassador

Originally Posted by at240
It does say Upper Class -- inside the iPad case, at least.
Indeed. However, other people can't see that so I don't mind.

I thought it was rather crude to have the Upper Class label on the outside of the shoe bags.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by at240
In my defence, only a very infrequent v-flyer reader.

I seem to have the iPad case. Not that I'd have had a clue looking at it and quite why you'd want to put a lovely Apple product inside something made from what looks like sofa filling... Nice idea, not sure the execution is quite right. The absence of UC branding is a good thing though.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
In my defence, only a very infrequent v-flyer reader.

I seem to have the iPad case. Not that I'd have had a clue looking at it and quite why you'd want to put a lovely Apple product inside something made from what looks like sofa filling... Nice idea, not sure the execution is quite right. The absence of UC branding is a good thing though.
Do people prefer the bags not to have UC, Virgin or Club First BA etc on the bags. I am sure that some people would like lables that show they have flown in a certain cabin. Although I personally I like otherwise.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by origin
Do people prefer the bags not to have UC, Virgin or Club First BA etc on the bags. I am sure that some people would like lables that show they have flown in a certain cabin. Although I personally I like otherwise.
I was wondering about that too. The obvious answer is that occasional leisure flyers probably like it, whereas business travellers probably do not. But it may be more complicated than that. Personally I don't like it, as I think it identifies you in a rather immodest way.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Amenity Kit Photos... Finally.

http://flickr.com/gp/21799741@N00/6Qn0C2
http://flickr.com/gp/21799741@N00/2Y9dq8
Old Oct 12, 2012, 2:35 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC
Don't mind the bags - in my opinion they are better than I though they would be from looking at photos.

Its the contents that let it down, imho, let it down in a very big way...

The pen should have UC or something branded on it - just like most hotel pens do. Socks have gone down in quality - a lot thinner than they were. Funky new modern toothbrush (to paraphrase the hype) ? Bog standard, cheap as chips, low quality toothbrush. Didn't try the eye mask / earplugs - although the ear plugs looked rubbish too.

Usual VS - creating hype and expectation and then... well disappointment.

The bags though I will use again.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 3:46 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...

No pen at all in mine...

FWIW the zipper is 'sealed' with a hidden platic stitch which took considerable force to open. I noticed one passenger give hers back to the crew saying she couldnt open it.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Blue, BA Amex, VS red
Do you still get sleep suit as well?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 4:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by smooth1978
Do you still get sleep suit as well?
For today's daytime flight : no.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
For today's daytime flight : no.
A limited number of sleep suits are carried on daytime flights, i.e. not for all. If you ask for one, one will be provided.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I get on early to get a sleep suit.

I'm very much a travel nerd and I like things the way I like them..

I leave slightly early from the Clubhouse on daytime flights and get there when coach is still boarding. When there are two doors boarding this is great when there is one.... ugh!

Anyway, I get on and greet the crew and give them a bag of chocolate treats (usually) and ask for a champagne and a medium sleep suit. I disappear to the loo to change and come back to my 4k or 14K depending on the plane, and nest.

I know, very nerdy but hey, I like what I like.

Steve

Originally Posted by slinky09
A limited number of sleep suits are carried on daytime flights, i.e. not for all. If you ask for one, one will be provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.