Wiki Posts
Search

SFO-LHR premium economy

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

SFO-LHR premium economy

Hi Friends,

First off, Thanks in advance to everyone who answers my query I love coming to this forum it's very informative and helpful to the novice (me) and experienced flyers.

I'll try to summurize my questions.

1. SFO-LHR flight 20 I understand is a double decker plane 747-400?

2. Buying premium economy ticket will I be able to assign my seat in Managing my booking? Traveling with my sis and we want to sit together.

3. I told her it's worth the extra $$ for my leg room and new purple seats (my favorite color) is this true?

4. Where can I find the best seating chart explanation before we book?

5. Does SFO have a good lounge we can buy a pass like United?

Thanks again!

cantid
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:21 pm

BA currently has, I think, two layouts for their 744 fleet. Both have premium economy cabins but in different parts of the aircraft. Seatguru has the layouts of both:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_C.php

BA allows seat selection ahead of time but for a fee that's pretty outrageous. I've sprung for it before, but really only if it's important to avoid the group of four seats in the middle of the plane, etc.

BA's been refreshing their fleet's cabins but I think they began with the 777's, so it's possible they haven't gotten to the 744 overhauls yet. Based on reviews it seems that some have, and of course as with all reviews some love it, some hate it. IMO it's about the extra leg room anyway

Not sure about lounge access for a fee with a PE ticket...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by sddjd
BA currently has, I think, two layouts for their 744 fleet. Both have premium economy cabins but in different parts of the aircraft. Seatguru has the layouts of both:

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Bri..._747-400_C.php

BA allows seat selection ahead of time but for a fee that's pretty outrageous. I've sprung for it before, but really only if it's important to avoid the group of four seats in the middle of the plane, etc.

BA's been refreshing their fleet's cabins but I think they began with the 777's, so it's possible they haven't gotten to the 744 overhauls yet. Based on reviews it seems that some have, and of course as with all reviews some love it, some hate it. IMO it's about the extra leg room anyway

Not sure about lounge access for a fee with a PE ticket...

yes all very useful but the OP was asking about VIRGIN not BA !

1. SFO-LHR flight 20 I understand is a double decker plane 747-400?

generally yes but PE is on the main deck only (it is a mix of UC and Y on the upper deck)

2. Buying premium economy ticket will I be able to assign my seat in Managing my booking? Traveling with my sis and we want to sit together.

yes you will be able to REQUEST seats but only within 90 days of the flight. unlike BA, VS don't charge for seat reservations

3. I told her it's worth the extra $$ for my leg room and new purple seats (my favorite color) is this true?

that's down to personal opinion but you do get extra leg room and baggage allowance over Y, different menu and priority boarding

4. Where can I find the best seating chart explanation before we book?

there are seat maps in the VS website - search for 'seat maps' then look for 747 config 4. If you want 'ratings' try seat expert or seatguru

5. Does SFO have a good lounge we can buy a pass like United?

not sure - check the SFO website but the VS lounge at SFO does not offer paid admission

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.