15k hilton points for 15k flying club miles?

Old Aug 13, 12, 8:39 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

15k hilton points for 15k flying club miles?

I recently transferred 15k flying club miles to my Hilton hhonors account but I only received 15k hilton points.

Prior to that, I have transferred few times and always received 2 hilton points for 1 flying club miles.

I called the flying club number and it connects me to reps in UK who just keep telling me different things all the time. Sometimes they would tell me TALK TO HILTON and sometimes they tell me that the flying club support team is closed now but they can contact tha department for the missing 15k points and call me back but none of them made any follow up call as promised. They would tell me that they never see that I contacted any other reps.

I contacted Hilton hhonors and they tell me since it is transferred FROM flying club TO hilton, I should speak to flying club team.

This is very fraustating and very upsetting.

I am from US

Last edited by emptiness; Aug 13, 12 at 11:43 pm
Old Aug 13, 12, 10:50 pm

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I have the same issue as you. I am going to call them back again tonight. I am in AUS, so will call tonight which will be late morning in the UK.
Old Aug 14, 12, 1:58 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hhonors Gold, National Executive, Identity Gold, MLife Gold
Both Virgin Atlantic and Hilton advertise the transfer rate on their websites.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...esforpoints.do
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...bfSubmit1.x=27

So I'd say that they both bear some level of responsibility in fixing it,.

If you call one of them tomorrow, tell them you've already tried calling the other, and ask them to call the other. Then you can have the reps argue with one another. Or ask for a supervisor to get involved.

Good luck. I'm in mid-transfer right now. Points left VS on Friday, haven't appeared in Hilton system yet. Fingers crossed that I don't have this problem
Old Aug 14, 12, 2:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OverThereTooMuch View Post
Both Virgin Atlantic and Hilton advertise the transfer rate on their websites.

http://hhonors1.hilton.com/en_US/hh/...esforpoints.do
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...bfSubmit1.x=27

So I'd say that they both bear some level of responsibility in fixing it,.

If you call one of them tomorrow, tell them you've already tried calling the other, and ask them to call the other. Then you can have the reps argue with one another. Or ask for a supervisor to get involved.

Good luck. I'm in mid-transfer right now. Points left VS on Friday, haven't appeared in Hilton system yet. Fingers crossed that I don't have this problem
they reps at flying club are very useless, unhelpful , won't do anything and just keeps telling you we will call you back. they won't transfer me to supervisor and those who do, the supervisor says the same thing, she can do nothing other than contacting some other flying club support team and call me back . so far NONE OF THE 15 REPS i spoke to called me back and each time i call, they start from beginning and says they don't see any notes on my account.

also the transfer takes for ever when many cards is instant or up to 3 days.
Old Aug 14, 12, 5:39 am

Believe it or not a rep called me on my mobile phone. And said that they have the flying club team contacting hilton to resolve it but no ETA. So hopefully not too long.
Old Aug 14, 12, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by emptiness View Post
also the transfer takes for ever when many cards is instant or up to 3 days.
How long did the transfer take? They say "up to 30 days", but most of the other comments I've seen on FT say it happens in <1w.
Old Aug 14, 12, 5:36 pm

Yep it happened in around 5 days for me. Also they fixed up the 1:2 conversion rate for me this morning, I just logged into my HH account
Old Aug 23, 12, 10:48 am

13 days and counting now for me Called both sides today, they say there's no problem. Per other threads, I've seen that there's no automated notification when there IS a problem, so I thought I should call to make sure.

They both said there's no sort of tracking they can do. So apparently my points are just "in the cloud" right now.

I know it can take up to 30 days. Damn you FT for setting my expectations at <1w! Maybe the person that processes the spreadsheet of data @ Hilton has been on vacation or something.

Search this Thread