Search

anyone have this experience on VS?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 4:23 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
anyone have this experience on VS?

I bought a round trip ticket from new york to london on VS and I used the first part of the ticket. But I do not need to use second part of this ticket, i.e., london to NYC. I made a phone call to VS. They told me this ticket still have value within a year and I can use it to fly other VS flight but I need to pay the difference.

The ticket I bought is cheap and it is about 499 for round trip but the fee is very expensive. The total cost is about USD1100. I am wondering if I change to other flight like london to hong kong, I only need to pay the fare difference and no need to pay the high surcharge. Is that right? Anybody have similar experience. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2012, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
What the agent meant is that you can change the date of the return. But must pay the change fee - dependent on the ticket and class availability.

You cannot use the balance of that nonrefundable ticket to apply it to another route ie LHR-HKG.

Might be best if you are to ditch the return really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.