Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

From the UK, how can I pay for my flights with US dollars?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Last time I flew I used Travelocity, but there must be a way to pay for my flights from my American bank account. I just tried the site making sure it didn't say GB, but was still quoted in pounds.
Thanks
Doug
Old May 17, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
They can issue the ticket from the NY office.
I just did this for my flight tomorrow. UK based, Ex-UK flight, called the UK call centre.

Told them I was using an American card, and they converted into USD$ and charged the card from the New York office.

Or just call the US if it's an issue - they can issue tickets originating from any city in the world.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by preiffer
They can issue the ticket from the NY office.
I just did this for my flight tomorrow. UK based, Ex-UK flight, called the UK call centre.

Told them I was using an American card, and they converted into USD$ and charged the card from the New York office.

Or just call the US if it's an issue - they can issue tickets originating from any city in the world.
Thanks. Hopefully they can use my points as well. I'll do that when it's time - I want to fly next May and it's too early still.

Doug
Old May 18, 2012, 1:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Or issue the ticket through a US based on line travel agency eg travelocity.COM or expedia.COM and not the UK site. Get your bank to issue you with a debit card.
Old May 18, 2012, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Or issue the ticket through a US based on line travel agency eg travelocity.COM or expedia.COM and not the UK site. Get your bank to issue you with a debit card.
Thanks. That's what I did for my MAN-LAS flight last month. This time I'm hoping to use my 15000 points to buy PE LHR-SFO one way for one of us, and I'm not sure I can do that via Travelocity - and if the cost is the same, I always prefer booking directly - maybe I'm wrong, but that seems likely to make things easier.

Doug
Old May 18, 2012, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by DougWeller
Thanks. That's what I did for my MAN-LAS flight last month. This time I'm hoping to use my 15000 points to buy PE LHR-SFO one way for one of us, and I'm not sure I can do that via Travelocity - and if the cost is the same, I always prefer booking directly - maybe I'm wrong, but that seems likely to make things easier.

Doug
I've never heard of any travel site like travelocity, expedia etc being able to do miles redemptions - you always have to book that sort of seat via the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.