Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

What flights does Virgin have that are non UK?

Old Mar 20, 2012, 3:08 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

Virgin has a flight that flies from HKG to SYD. It's 40K for upper class plus HKD 6445, a modest surcharge insofar as they go on Virgin. Does Virgin have any other flights that do not touch the UK?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 4:41 pm
Ambassador

As far as I know, HKG-SYD is unique in that respect.
Old Mar 20, 2012, 9:40 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
VS has several flights within the Caribbean that are "via" flights that stop at another Caribbean airport to pick up passengers before heading back to the UK. SJU-ANU is one route, for example, that is part of a larger SJU-ANU-LGW route. I suspect these via routes only carry connecting traffic, where the passenger will ultimately head back to the UK but is using VS as part of their trip package to hop from one Caribbean destination to the next.

Note: Of interest is a route to/from SJU, which is not listed as a VS destination but VS somehow has scheduled service there.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:15 am
Ambassador

Originally Posted by tonywestsider
VS has several flights within the Caribbean that are "via" flights that stop at another Caribbean airport to pick up passengers before heading back to the UK. SJU-ANU is one route, for example, that is part of a larger SJU-ANU-LGW route. I suspect these via routes only carry connecting traffic, where the passenger will ultimately head back to the UK but is using VS as part of their trip package to hop from one Caribbean destination to the next.

Note: Of interest is a route to/from SJU, which is not listed as a VS destination but VS somehow has scheduled service there.
I could easily be wrong but I don't think it's possible to book an isolated flight on the intra-Caribbean legs (although you can on BA so perhaps it's possible with VS also)

ANU can also go via BGI as the VS35.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Originally Posted by BA304
I could easily be wrong but I don't think it's possible to book an isolated flight on the intra-Caribbean legs (although you can on BA so perhaps it's possible with VS also)

ANU can also go via BGI as the VS35.
I'm not sure if the via flights are bookable either. It's just that VS has a lot of these flights interlining back to the UK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.