Community
Wiki Posts
Search

They don't care about me, so I'm off !

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
And note when VS cancelled the 21 to IAD last week they did put people on alternative flights on the same day, the difference here is that it's in advance, and the law says if you give a certain notice you don't have to give compensation or book on other same day flights. There's a gap there ... and VS is using it.

I'd still escalate the issue and try to speak to someone senior in the call centre.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by slinky09
and the law says if you give a certain notice you don't have to give compensation or book on other same day flights. There's a gap there ... and VS is using it.
Like any sensible business would.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Like any sensible business would.
I don't disagree, that said VS can apply discretion and are known to on occasion, hence why I think the OP could try a little more.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by slinky09
I don't disagree, that said VS can apply discretion and are known to on occasion, hence why I think the OP could try a little more.
Yes no harm in trying but I can't see them wanting to pay another airline to take the OP to Delhi.....unless they are a VIP of course.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
- If you take the refund, any differences due to exchange rate or bank charges is your problem
- Any costs incurred due to changes required in connecting flights, which are not on the same reservation, is your problem
- Any costs incurred due to changes in hotel reservations, is your problem

The above points would apply to any airline really.

They will not compensate you for any of that - the best outcome would be rebooking on a partner carrier - but the partner carrier doesnt have a PE cabin so you'd prb be in Y if rebooked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.