VS Clubhouse HKG

Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
VS Clubhouse HKG

How does this compare to the Clubhouse at LHR? Is there a hairdresser at the HKG Clubhouse? I passed through the LHR CH earlier this month and had a cracking haircut, plus a recommendation of some shampoo that will hopefully slow down the rate of my receding hairline. I was very impressed. If the HKG CH, which I'll be visiting in March, has similar facilities I'll be very happy.
Old Jan 31, 2009, 5:34 pm

There's no hairdresser in HKG clubhouse. It's still funky in decor, with food and drink orders taken and served at your table. A significantly scaled-down version of its LHR home base.

I believe other airlines use it for their passengers too, with a separate food menu... this is quite odd as the last time I used it while waiting for a VS flight, I was given an Eva Air menu; only when I asked specifically for a VS menu was I offered it.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:03 am

Programs: VS Gold, IHG RA/Plat, Marriott Plat
LHR is the main hub for VS, that's why the LHR CH is the best one for VS. None of the other CH can compare with LHR.

HKG CH, is a shared facility between VS and Eva Air. To me, it's not as good as those CHs in New York or DC.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:18 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by MP (Miles+Points)
...To me, it's not as good as those CHs in New York or DC.
Interesting. What makes you say that?

I experienced it for the first time last week and thought it was at least on a par with the other outstation Clubhouses.

The service was very, very attentive. They had an excellent range of drinks and the food was more than edible. It was comfortable, quiet and the staff did their best to make sure all of our needs were looked after.

Nick

Last edited by Nottingham Nick; Feb 1, 2009 at 10:57 am Reason: typo
Old Feb 1, 2009, 10:47 am

Programs: Lots of shiny metallic ones.
Compared to JFK, I'd say the HKG one is on a level footing.

Compared to EWR, you HAVE to be kidding - EWR can't compete.

IAD, hmmm. The staff there are great, but I'd STILL put HKG's ambience, layout, facilities above it.

But of course, that's all just personal opinion.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

SFO CH is also very good ( only slight problem is that it is before security but security has not been bad at all at SFO)

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:48 am

Does anyone know if there is an arrivals lounge in HKG?

I am arriving VS from SYD - HKG Upper Class. Have an overnight layover (not by choice) and transiting to a Continental Flight from HKG - EWR.

Is there an arrivals lounge I can use?

Thanks.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by master029
Is there an arrivals lounge I can use?

Thanks.
Not sure why you'd need an arrivals lounge, unless you're overnighting without a hotel, since the SYD-HKG flight arrives at 10 pm?

However, VS does not have arrivals lounge facilities at HKG, but there is a paid lounge I recall that has showers, search the HKG web site?
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:12 am

I think I will wind up getting a hotel anyway, but thanks for the answer!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.