Can I Upgrade on Outbound Only

Old Nov 15, 03, 12:42 am
Original Poster

Location: Santa Clara, CA, USA AA Plat. 1.4MM, Hilton Gold, Virgin Red, fly fisher
Can I Upgrade on Outbound Only

I have a SFO/LHR/DEL return, first week in December. I am in K class. Can I use miles to upgrade on the two outbound segments for 40,000 mile, rather than out and back on a single leg? I would rather be in UC for the two overnight segments and PC for the daylight segments.

Any recommendations for a 5 hour layover at DEL?
Old Nov 15, 03, 3:27 am

yes you can upgrade one segment at a time. Sometimes you can *only* upgrade one segment because of availability.

Old Nov 15, 03, 5:54 am

The only problem you're going to have is that K class is discounted Premium Economy, and your can't (officially) use miles to upgrade that ticket.

Might be worth asking at the airport. If they're not too busy they will sometimes let an upgrade slip through. You'll be unlikely to sort out both segments from SFO, and would probably have to ask again at LHR. Be prepared for disappointment.

Pix.
Old Nov 15, 03, 6:47 am

Programs: LH au VS au BMI au
pix uk beat me to it, but yes, you are unlikely to upgrade prior to arrival at the ariport - best bet is try the sales desk at the airport - they can do anything in th lounge - or at least couldnt

Search this Thread