Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Virgin Atlantic Airways | Flying Club
Reload this Page >

advance seat assignments when using skymiles award on Virgin

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2003, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat

I have two Virgin PE award tickets booked through Delta using Skymiles. When I made the reservation, I was told by Delta that no advance seat assignments were available. I called Virgin and they said that they could assign seats IF they had a record of my reservation but that Delta doesn't send this information over until 48 hours prior to departure. Has anyone else been able to get advance seat assignments using skymiles awards on Virgin? I was hoping to get 2 seats on the upper deck. Any suggestions other than waiting until 48 hours prior to departure? Thanks.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 2:28 pm

I was in the same situation. All I had to do was call Delta SMS and ask for my record locator (locater? too tired to spell today) number. I got it then called Virgin back with the info and they assigned my seats. This was in April and my flight's not until July, so time shouldn't be an issue.

Your profile doesn't indicate any status with Delta, so I'll assume you have none (sorry if I'm wrong). SMS = Special Member Services, the elite customer service line. I'm sure you could get the same information from the regular customer service number.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm assuming the 'record locator' is different than the Delta confirmation number? And no, I do not have status with Delta. I'll try calling them now.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

I got a great Delta agent this time who called Virgin while I was on hold with her and got our seats assigned - 71 H/K both directions.
Old Jun 11, 2003, 7:06 pm

Glad it worked out. It's a confusing process when DL doesn't give you complete/accurate information the first time round. Enjoy your flight; I haven't flown on Virgin yet but I'm sure it beats anything you'd get on Delta!
Old Sep 2, 2003, 2:31 pm

Folks,

How far in advance can you book a Virgin award ticket with Delta miles? 330 days? The Virgin Flying Club Membership Guide just says, "Call us as much in advance as possible"
Old Sep 4, 2003, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

I think it's 331 days just like other DL awards.
Old Sep 4, 2003, 5:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
For my UC award via Delta, the DL agent gave me the record locator. I then called VS. I can't recall whether the locator worked for them, but that or my name plus itinerary allowed the VS agent to pull up my res. and make a seat assignment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.