Wiki Posts
Search

PE Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2003, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

PE Seating

A quick question for you all.

Can anyone tell me what are the better seats or the seats to avoid when travelling in Premium Economy on LGW based 747-400? Or are they all equally good?

Thank you
Old Jul 31, 2003, 4:46 pm

There's an interactive seat ratings chart on http://www.virginflyer.com which should give you some pointers.

Pix.
Old Aug 1, 2003, 2:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
I am in 79AC next month to Vegas. Snagged these exactly 6 months out. Figured that the best rows are the exits / bulkheads, but as you cant get those in advance, then the next best thing was to have nobody behind you.

Anyone care to disagree? - I assume the back row still has full recline.

I sure am looking forward to the peace of the upper deck on the way to the greatest city on earth. Did this trip in June 01 in the back of an old 747-200 and it was hellish - knackered old plane with zero leg pitch.
Old Aug 2, 2003, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your reply about the website virginflyer.com. Unfortunately, virgin flyer only has 1 rating for a PE seat on the 747-400 LGW based aircraft.

However, taking row 74 or 79/80 may be a good idea if you can recline your seat back without annoying the passenger behind you.
Old Aug 3, 2003, 10:44 am

I don't think there is a 'bad' seat' on the LGW 747-400 PE.I've travelled twice in it and don't think there is anywhere I wouldn't want to sit.

I try to sit right at the back though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.