Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge/Clubhouse at MCO

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2003, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Lounge/Clubhouse at MCO

Hi

Can anyone tell me what Virgin use for a lounge at MCO (Do they have a Clubhouse there)? And does that lounge have showers?

Thanks,
Boo
Old May 28, 2003, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Boo Boo Too,

VS used the Delta Crown Room luonge at MCO ( you get an invitation at check in). After you leave the train to gates 60-99 it is by the side of the walkway to gates 70-79 ( I think) and it is up the stairs. You hand your invitation to the desk.

They have a free ( served ) bar with a couple of snacks, tv's, two pcs connected to the internet and several work areas.
I did not see any shower when I was there in March/April.

They do call the VS flights ( for preboarding for UC-less than 5mins lounge to gate) and then a final call later.

Regards
TBS
Old May 28, 2003, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks TBS - you are, as always, a mine of information

If the Delta Crown Room doesn't have any showers, any other ideas of where I can get a shower before I fly home (am coming off of a cruise ship and flying from FLL that morning)? Does anyone know if the Airport Hyatt does a day rate or use of their gym/showers?

The flight I am looking at gets into MCO at 1.07pm, am looking at the 8.35pm (?) flight back to LGW. So would have a few hours to kill...

Any other suggestions?
Boo

[This message has been edited by Boo Boo Too (edited 05-28-2003).]
Old May 28, 2003, 2:08 pm

fwiw - I've never been happy with the Delta lounge at MCO. Used it many times, and it's just not up to the standard of VS (or BA) lounge elsewhere. Pity VS don't go for a lounge of their own there. Yeah, I know it's not a premium route, but hey.

And, no showers that I've ever seen/used.
Old May 31, 2003, 3:31 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
I'm not sure if the Hyatt has a dayrate but IMO that's your best option. MCO is not the friendliest of airports for int'l travellers and lounge options are slim. Aside from that, lounging in your own room and perhaps having a bite of roomservice will outdo any lounge I could think of at MCO.

[This message has been edited by kanebear (edited 05-31-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.