Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guests in UC Lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2002, 9:39 am

My trip report regarding BA Club World is now posted on Trip Report board:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/003301.html

It is a bit long and rambling, but - at the end - includes my opinion about differenced between Virgin UC and BA Club World.

Boo
Old Dec 13, 2002, 3:10 pm
Original Member

Hello Banking Scot, you referred to your AmEx Plat card as getting you into the Virgin clubhouse. I have AmEx Plat; could I use it to gain access to the clubhouse even if I am flying PE?

My next Virgin flights are UC but I'd like to know for reference.

Thanks.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi KatW,

Sorry, but they discontinued the access in April this year so no longer can you use the UK Plat Amex for access to the clubhouse (Only UK Amex Centurions can( ie the Black Amex)). I do not think US Plat Amex could access the lounge anyway ( the front desk staff check the card number)

Sorry for any confusion- I have edited my post to clarify it.

Regards
TBS

[This message has been edited by The _Banking_Scot (edited 12-14-2002).]
Old Dec 13, 2002, 4:43 pm

Programs: Various
TBS, you may want to edit your last post as its still confusing

Only people carrying a Black Centurion AmEx Card from the UK can use the CLubhouses. If its not Black, you are not getting in, i.e Platinum coloured cards on a Centurion account (you can have upto 4) are NOT allowed in. 1 Black Centruion Card equals 1 person in the Clubhouse, NO GUESTS.

I am just about to start a new topic about the LHR Clubhouse.

Thanks,
Richard
Old Dec 14, 2002, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Richard,

Oopps!! Too much friday evening alcohol while typing!!

Thanks for the correction

Regards
TBS
Old Dec 16, 2002, 1:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
As to bringing in guests to the Clubhouse using AMEX Centurion -- how about accompanied children?
Old Dec 16, 2002, 3:00 pm

Programs: Various
Not sure about unaccompanied children with a Centurion Card, I would really say no.

I took my younger brother (11 then) into the LGW CHouse last November but I was flyign J so was allowed a guest. Parents got in using their Platinum AmEx cards.

This has reminded me about another moment of stupidity by Virgin - LGW Clubhouse is considering gettign a Childrens co-ordinator in the lounge (lawsuits abound ), but say there is no money for the Shoeshine facility. What level of dumbness are they trying to reach. For those who have ever met Jack the Shoeshine guy, you will know exactly what I mean, he is what all Clubhouse staff should be like.

Not bad going really:-

LHR Clubhouse on a busy Saturday
- 3 bar staff
- 2 beauticians
- 2 receptionists
- 1 unsympathetic supervisor
- 1 shoeshine man

LGW Clubhouse
- Childrens' Co-ordinator!

Wait till jongar sees this about children in the Clubhouse!

Richard
Old Dec 17, 2002, 2:37 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Wait till jongar sees this about children in the Clubhouse!
</font>
Dunno about Jongar but if Virgin start having loads of kids in their clubhouses I will be switching to another airline.

BC
Old Dec 17, 2002, 8:20 am

Kids are okay, providing they are quiet and well behaved (I was, most of the time, so it can be done ;-)). Kids that run around, screeching and bumping into people require a well placed foot in their path...

That being said, last time I was in the LGW Clubhouse, the library/reading/quiet room was taken over by a rather large family and managed to look like your average play school. Still, I just grabbed a couple of magazines and went to another bit of the lounge (they were "contained" and didn't bother anyone).

Boo
Old Dec 17, 2002, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
BA has had a kiddie section in their Terraces Lounge for a while now. It's s separate section (and different floor at LHR)--so, unless you choose to go there, you won't be bumping into them.
Old Dec 18, 2002, 12:28 am

Programs: VS/BA/CX/EK
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Babu:
BA has had a kiddie section in their Terraces Lounge for a while now. It's s separate section (and different floor at LHR)--so, unless you choose to go there, you won't be bumping into them.</font>
Yep, I know. Club World beckons if the Virgin lounges become overrun with children.

BC

[This message has been edited by BlackCat (edited 12-18-2002).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.