Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VS/DL is a Natural, Right?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 1999, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

VS/DL is a Natural, Right?

I really thought we might see a sweeping VS/DL/AF partnership. DL really access to LON. Now that DL and VS both offer Business Class as their finest product, they seem to match well. This would also give VS frequent flyers outside of London (but still in Europe) great travel opportunities to the US.
In light of the end of Atlantic Excellence, these three might create a more powerful triumvirate. (sp?)

I am shocked that DL has not rekindled that relationship. Perhaps DL has been counting on its own route authority JFK-LON to materialize out of thin air? Plus if VS can move PIT-LGW authority to LAS-LGW, why can't DL move its "dormant" (I believe) MIA-LGW authority to JFK-LGW? It's not LHR, granted, but they could create a big "to do" by utilizing a 777, reinstating super convenient check-in at Victoria, etc. FFs who swear by DL to every other European city would likely put up with Gatwick, if they could get miles and BizElite. Instead they have to fly UA/AA/BA/VS/LY/AI, etc. None of these fit in. The JFK hub is just not complete without LON, right?

Only other possibility (not sure how far out this is...) would be DL/AF buying BD and BD getting LON-JFK rights.

[This message has been edited by SD Flyer (edited 10-11-1999).]
Old Oct 12, 1999, 6:05 am
Original Member

Virgin used to have a limited tie in with DL before they went over to CO, who they now have a very limited code share with (seams more for CO benefit than Virgins).

Virgin also code share and have mileage earning / redemption with BM, and therefore provide Europe wide access to the US via London.

I doubt Virgin would have any interest in AF, they seam quite happy to provide access to london via BM, to get passengers onto their trans atlantic flights, to then provide access via American West to any US cities they don't serve, and then back the other way.
Old Oct 12, 1999, 7:37 am
Original Member

Are BM in any way related to BD???

(The point being, if you'regoing to use codes, as a courtesy please get them right).

There is now a blossoming discussion on this topic under the Delta forum, where the original post was duplicated.

[This message has been edited by james (edited 10-12-1999).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.