Wiki Posts
Search

Amex MR transfer to VS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Amex MR transfer to VS

A friend tried to transfer 1000 Amex MR (US) to my virgin account, but it did not work. It told him that I have to call to connect accounts, ... Is this really the case - does it work when names don't match? Anybody tried that before?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:26 pm

Programs: VS Au, Skywards Au, BA Exec Ag, HH Diamond, Taj Au
Originally Posted by mith
A friend tried to transfer 1000 Amex MR (US) to my virgin account, but it did not work. It told him that I have to call to connect accounts, ... Is this really the case - does it work when names don't match? Anybody tried that before?
You will have to call - Amex will only automatically transfer to linked accounts in the same name ASAIK.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 4:53 am

As an AMEX member, I was told, I could only transfer Amex MR to my own Virgin account, i.e. in my name. I couldn't even transfer into the my husband's Virgin account though he is an additional card holder on the same AMEX account.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:54 am

Slinky09, did you call Amex to link the accounts and did it work? I think tasel is correct, points can only go to an account when names match. I would be interested to know. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.