Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can a round trip be split into 2 PRNs

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Can a round trip be split into 2 PRNs

Per the title, can I take a VX itinerary on VX metal and split a single round trip PRN into 2 PRNs. Called in and asked and was told it is not possible. Would have done a HUCA, but was curious if it can be done.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 1:13 pm

It can, but you'd have to cancel at least one of the flights and rebook to a different PNR (Passenger Number Record). Once booked, the system can only remove a paid flight.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by cringle
It can, but you'd have to cancel at least one of the flights and rebook to a different PNR (Passenger Number Record). Once booked, the system can only remove a paid flight.
Thanks cringle, and I think your suggestion is the way to go. The replacement flight is actually less now and if the original leg gets credited to the bank I'm really no worse for wear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.