Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX Summer 2018 Flight Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: AS
They won't be VX flights. AS flights next summer.
Flight schedule will change throughout the final change over. We have already had one VX flight cancelled and one change to much later time within same day/
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:19 pm

that's needlessly confusing my question. when can one book LAX-SFO for Jun 2018?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 4:21 pm

Programs: AS
The schedule is available now. the only thing that would bother me is there are no direct flights. They are all connecting flights , right now. This would seem to be something AS would want to do something about. 7 hours to travel SFO/LAX is ridiculous , IMHO.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 5:14 pm

LAX-SFO is also a route where most tickets will be sold in the days and weeks before the flight; not 9 months in advance.
Old Sep 9, 2017, 8:01 pm

LAX-OGG, LAX-CUN, LAX-HNL - plenty of routes currently operated by Virgin where people book far in advance
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pcoll
The schedule is available now. the only thing that would bother me is there are no direct flights. They are all connecting flights , right now. This would seem to be something AS would want to do something about. 7 hours to travel SFO/LAX is ridiculous , IMHO.
So if the summer 2018 schedule is loaded in now then what flights I am seeing available is what AS if offering for all flights, including VX....which is none really. Flights from DAL to West Coast only give options of AS planes to SAN, SJC, PDX, and SEA. If I wanted to fly to LAX or SFO I have to take an AS plane to one of those other airports first. No VX planes out of Dallas Love from what is showing online still.....past April 23rd. So guessing these current direct routes are being cancelled permanently. Also HNL to West Coast same deal. No directs to LAX or SFO and all AS planes no VX planes.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:36 am

the consensus opinion is that all currently operating Virgin America routes will be served by the newly combined Alaska Air in Summer 2018 onwards. these flights will be likely marketed with only AS flight numbers. Alaska has refused to release schedules and inventory for Summer 2018 except on legacy Alaska/Horizon flights.

i am already planning for next Memorial Day weekend and July 4th week. suppose Alaska is just not too concerned about the handful of early planners who are now booking away from Alaska/Virgin.

i put the odds at low that Alaska will be able to withhold these schedules and inventory for the remainder of 2017.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I would not be surprised if these are loaded only as AS flights (as all the flight #s will already be uniform), operated by VX (as the QX and OO flights are loaded).
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:45 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I would not be surprised if these are loaded only as AS flights (as all the flight #s will already be uniform), operated by VX (as the QX and OO flights are loaded).
That has been my guess as well.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:11 pm

DCA-SFO ending 4/24/18?

Apologies of this already has a thread. I couldn't find anything in a search.

Expertflyer shows VX DCA-SFO ending after 4/24/18. Is this true?

Where are the moving the slot to?
Old Sep 30, 2017, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by werDrD
Apologies of this already has a thread. I couldn't find anything in a search.

Expertflyer shows VX DCA-SFO ending after 4/24/18. Is this true?

Where are the moving the slot to?
Not ending. Just AS/VX prepping for single reservation system. At some point closer it will be for sale on Alaska site.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:49 pm

Looks like no more VX flights after April 25, 2018.

Old Oct 5, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: AS, AA, BA, SQ
The schedule post April 24 should be loaded on Alaska's website now. Just checked.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:10 pm

AS MVP Gold Guest upgrades on dirt cheap fares and MVP Gold instant confirmable upgrades on higher fares work on Virgin America planes from Apr 25 2018 onwards into First class.

At least in theory. It appears AS is releasing virtually no U inventory on Virgin America planes. Managed to find a LAX-SFO flight on May 14 with U1 to validate.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Colin
AS MVP Gold Guest upgrades on dirt cheap fares and MVP Gold instant confirmable upgrades on higher fares work on Virgin America planes from Apr 25 2018 onwards into First class.

At least in theory. It appears AS is releasing virtually no U inventory on Virgin America planes. Managed to find a LAX-SFO flight on May 14 with U1 to validate.
Good find.

Didn't book any- but seems it's there. Went partially thru on AS' site too; seemed to be accepting this for AS elites.

Also the designation seems to have changed in EF. Goes from 320/321 etc to 32S.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.