Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX and the new Airbus a321neo

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
VX and the new Airbus a321neo

With the Airbus a321neo starting service next month (May 31st) on the SFO-DCA route, I'm curious if anyone is planning to be on that flight, or one of the flights soon after? Also, does anyone know if Alaska/VX will make a big deal for the inaugural flight (press, promotion), or will be playing it low-key.

I'm interested to check out the a321neo myself, but probably won't make it until later in June (DCA or JFK).

Thanks - Jimmy
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Well, I'd bet that someone with a Sir in his name won't be at the inaugural, but no one would take me up on the bet.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:23 am

im on that flight, since its the worldwide first a321neo revenue flight im hoping theres something special for it, maybe some airbus people show up. we'll see!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by cplush
im on that flight, since its the worldwide first a321neo revenue flight im hoping theres something special for it, maybe some airbus people show up. we'll see!
Nice, share a good pic or two and some details if you can.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:39 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Boeing and Alaska are joined at the hip. It's all part of the Seattle "hometown airline" image. Boeing will eventually take those Airbus planes in trade for new Max aircraft, and remarket them. Notably, despite the "first delivery" show that Airbus put on in France, it appears the highest ranking company official in attendance from Alaska/Virgin was the acting CEO, a current holdover from VX, who reports to Alaska. Alaska brass treated it like it was Typhoid Mary.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deelmakur
Boeing and Alaska are joined at the hip. ..... Alaska brass treated it like it was Typhoid Mary.
I'm curious to see if this flight is completely ignored by Alaska or not.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:32 am

Is the interior 100% VX?

Or will we see reduced aspects inside already?

Virgins fitouts are quite expensive as there is a lot of non standard installations from Airbus (specific mood lighting, galley setups etc...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GO_CAT
Is the interior 100% VX?

Or will we see reduced aspects inside already?

Virgins fitouts are quite expensive as there is a lot of non standard installations from Airbus (specific mood lighting, galley setups etc...
It looks very VX, with 8 F seats and an enlarged Main Cabin select section. There wasn't probably enough time to integrate the new design into this craft.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by deelmakur
Notably, despite the "first delivery" show that Airbus put on in France, it appears the highest ranking company official in attendance from Alaska/Virgin was the acting CEO, a current holdover from VX, who reports to Alaska. Alaska brass treated it like it was Typhoid Mary.
Not true. Alaska Airlines COO and Virgin America CEO Ben Minicucci was present at the delivery ceremonies in Hamburg, Germany.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:01 am
Original Member

Obviously, I wasn't there, but the rather subdued official press release makes no mention of any senior officer of the merged company, other than Peter Hunt.

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/pr...irgin-america/
Old Apr 29, 2017, 8:17 am
Original Member

Future of the A321neo with the merged entity.

http://atwonline.com/airframes/virgi...s-future-fleet
Old May 3, 2017, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Nice, share a good pic or two and some details if you can.
Yes, feel free to share those pics on this forum. You may posts a pics on this forum and I would like to see it.
Old May 12, 2017, 6:24 pm

It's definitely the very VX cabin for the A321neo. The seatmap is on the VX website too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.