FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   RIP VX (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1757321-rip-vx.html)

bevnetcraven Apr 4, 2016 5:15 am

RIP VX

So now what?

bo1953 Apr 4, 2016 5:51 am

Keep on flying!

GO_CAT Apr 4, 2016 5:53 am

Originally Posted by bevnetcraven (Post 26433264)
So now what?

Enjoy the product and Virgin experience while it lasts.

bevnetcraven Apr 4, 2016 5:58 am

Originally Posted by GO_CAT (Post 26433369)

About that...Curious if the VX experience is already over. Judging from the VX employees that are publicly posting on the Alaska FB page, there's clearly negative sentiment. Wonder if that's going to translate into good employees jumping ship & those who remain not giving a crap. Hope this isn't the case since I've got several flights already booked in the coming months. Anyway.

sfozrhfco Apr 4, 2016 6:03 am

Originally Posted by GO_CAT (Post 26433369)

Exactly. Use up all your points and fly VX for the rest of the year. Enjoy the flights through the end of 2016. Get rid of the Comenity card. Figure out your options for 2017 when the downward spiral begins.

rubbernyc Apr 4, 2016 6:03 am

I will enjoy my Gold benefits on a handful of flights this year and shift my flying to AA for now. It will be interesting to see how they integrate Elevate into miles.

eponymous_coward Apr 4, 2016 7:52 am

Originally Posted by bevnetcraven (Post 26433386)
Judging from the VX employees that are publicly posting on the Alaska FB page, there's clearly negative sentiment.

Wow, that is amazingly unprofessional. I know if I started posting "negative sentiment" on my employer's Facebook page, I'd be performing a "career limiting" move.

dave1013 Apr 4, 2016 8:02 am

Change is hard, no?

eponymous_coward Apr 4, 2016 8:27 am

At least VX knows the difference between "complimentary" and "complementary". :p

bevnetcraven Apr 4, 2016 8:45 am

Originally Posted by dave1013 (Post 26433843)
Change is hard, no?

Especially when it's a step backwards.

vxflyer Apr 4, 2016 10:08 am

Today is a sad day. VX is dead to me. Elevate account will be canceled.

"I would be l would be lying if I didn’t admit sadness that our wonderful airline is merging with another. Because I'm not American, the US Department of Transportation stipulated I take some of my shares in Virgin America as non-voting shares, reducing my influence over any takeover. So there was sadly nothing I could do to stop it." - Richard Bransonying if I didn’t admit sadness that our wonderful airline is merging with another. Because I'm not American, the US Department of Transportation stipulated I take some of my shares in Virgin America as non-voting shares, reducing my influence over any takeover. So there was sadly nothing I could do to stop it." - Richard Branson

Visconti Apr 4, 2016 10:14 am

Originally Posted by vxflyer (Post 26434507)
Today is a sad day. VX is dead to me. Elevate account will be canceled.

"I would be l would be lying if I didn’t admit sadness that our wonderful airline is merging with another. Because I'm not American, the US Department of Transportation stipulated I take some of my shares in Virgin America as non-voting shares, reducing my influence over any takeover. So there was sadly nothing I could do to stop it." - Richard Bransonying if I didn’t admit sadness that our wonderful airline is merging with another. Because I'm not American, the US Department of Transportation stipulated I take some of my shares in Virgin America as non-voting shares, reducing my influence over any takeover. So there was sadly nothing I could do to stop it." - Richard Branson

Me too.

Time to redeem all my Elevate points, stop using the CC, and move on. I have no interest in AS, at all.

VXCabinCrew Apr 4, 2016 10:19 am

Originally Posted by bevnetcraven (Post 26433386)
About that...Curious if the VX experience is already over. Judging from the VX employees that are publicly posting on the Alaska FB page, there's clearly negative sentiment. Wonder if that's going to translate into good employees jumping ship & those who remain not giving a crap. Hope this isn't the case since I've got several flights already booked in the coming months. Anyway.

I'm surprised to hear this. I am part of a social media page for VX and AS flight attendants to "mingle" and I have heard nothing but positive things from my co-workers, excited about higher pay and more organized work conditions. Anything that has been less-than-positive has been in regards to the loss of a very unique product and culture and sadness over the place we've called home for so many years. I don't know who these people are who are making nasty comments, but I can guarantee that VX teammates who are choosing to transition into AS are excited about the potential of what can continue to be created. This is a big change for all of us.

vxflyer Apr 4, 2016 10:27 am

Originally Posted by VXCabinCrew (Post 26434563)
I'm surprised to hear this. I am part of a social media page for VX and AS flight attendants to "mingle" and I have heard nothing but positive things from my co-workers, excited about higher pay and more organized work conditions. Anything that has been less-than-positive has been in regards to the loss of a very unique product and culture and sadness over the place we've called home for so many years. I don't know who these people are who are making nasty comments, but I can guarantee that VX teammates who are choosing to transition into AS are excited about the potential of what can continue to be created. This is a big change for all of us.

Alaska airlines is crap. You should have quit VX an applied to work for Alaska years ago. Nothing great will be created from this. Alaska is a ......, corporate airline, the kind Branson wanted to be different from. Alaska will not innovate. They will overcharge and deliver less. This is in no way, shape, or form good for travellers or for the U.S. airline industry, which has an abysmal reputation as it is.

Visconti Apr 4, 2016 10:33 am

Originally Posted by vxflyer (Post 26434610)
Alaska airlines is crap. You should have quit VX an applied to work for Alaska years ago. Nothing great will be created from this. Alaska is a ......, corporate airline, the kind Branson wanted to be different from. Alaska will not innovate. They will overcharge and deliver less. This is in no way, shape, or form good for travellers or for the U.S. airline industry, which has an abysmal reputation as it is.

Agreed.

AS is fine for their Elites, but offer abysmal value for non-Elites. Their fares are expensive and the majority of F are filled by free upgrades.