Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on VX F bin space...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

If a checked-in F passenger boards at the final moment, do the FAs allocate the F bin space to everyone? Or, do they limit the space to F class.

Thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Generally, F bins are reserved for F passengers. I've never had an issue with lack of space in F. Even as the last boarding passenger, like yesterday, I had tons of space for baggage.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: DL GM
I would agree that the bin space is usually reserved for F. However, space can get tight if its a full cabin. I've boarded as the 4th person in F and both bins on my side were already full. The other side was half full. Especially during the winter, I see more bags and coats overhead.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:19 pm

Note that VX does not have coat closets in the front of FC, or hangers in the back of FC (at least on the planes I've been on), so that coats have to go up above. I remember my seatmate, a well-dressed businessman, was visibly displeased at realizing his suit jacket would get wrinkled on the transcon, even though it was on top of other baggage.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson
Note that VX does not have coat closets in the front of FC, or hangers in the back of FC (at least on the planes I've been on), so that coats have to go up above. I remember my seatmate, a well-dressed businessman, was visibly displeased at realizing his suit jacket would get wrinkled on the transcon, even though it was on top of other baggage.
That is correct. For such a hip and stylish airline, to find out that nothing onboard is well-hung comes as quite the shock.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak

As a fellow ex-ual elite member who pays for F, I can assure you that VX staff are vigilant about who puts stuff in F as well as maintaining MCS seats. Pax rarely try to sit or put stuff outside of their seats. They're trained that they can't get away with it. I've been on "full" flights in f and Mcs where the only open seats were in my row.

Adequate staffing makes a big difference. Oh and when in F, enjoy your PDB that will be offered :-)

I still can't get over people who prefer UA F seats over VX F seats.

And I definitely think VX is way better than AA
Old Feb 7, 2016, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

VX F

Flying out of SFO, VX is likely the best overall option for on paid F for the majority of my routes. The only possible exception are my flights to NY, where I find DL more convenient.

However, in general, I find VX F a better value and experience than the legacy carriers.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:17 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
That is correct. For such a hip and stylish airline, to find out that nothing onboard is well-hung comes as quite the shock.
Well that is why I prefer Row 2. Those silver buttons are perfect for hanging a blazer or jacket
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by gaobest
As a fellow ex-ual elite member who pays for F, I can assure you that VX staff are vigilant about who puts stuff in F as well as maintaining MCS seats. Pax rarely try to sit or put stuff outside of their seats. They're trained that they can't get away with it. I've been on "full" flights in f and Mcs where the only open seats were in my row.

Adequate staffing makes a big difference. Oh and when in F, enjoy your PDB that will be offered :-)

I still can't get over people who prefer UA F seats over VX F seats.

And I definitely think VX is way better than AA
Agreed, for those who are not AA EXP and flying the transcons. While it seems the AA/US merger has gone pretty smoothly, those legacy US planes are lacking a lot. I think the other is flight crew attitude. On a recent flight with legacy US crew/plane I was told passengers were not allowed to stand in the galley to stretch

I then went to my seat got out my 3 different Gold FF cards and showed them to her and said "I've never heard that in > 35 years of flying" and went back to my seat.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gaobest
Recently, I cancelled all my UA flights and booked them through F on VX and AA. I've always found paid F in VX to be the best value of any F class, except for when I need to fly into JFK, where the DL's T is more convenient for me. Aside from that, it certainly appeared the FAs will save at least a single space for a late arriving F pax. Also, VX's FAs are so professional, ebullient and actually appear to care about their work.

On my AA flight, I overhead the FA (this gentleman was one of the most professional FAs I've ever seen) assure a late arriving F pax that he'll find a space for his carry-on. If not, he'll require a Y pax to gate check his bag that's in the F bins. On the redeye transcon, he anticipated the F pax's every need. The moment I woke up from a nap, he immediately asked if I'd like a drink or snack. When I awoke in the morning, he appeared with fresh juice in glasses asking if I'd like one. This was clearly a true professional who cared immensely about his work.

So, no more UA for me, though it means having to traverse further from SFO's (having to bypass security again) and LAS's Centurion lounge.

I find VX's F class truly world class. Only two rows and F seats are never given away, but ALWAYS paid for in some way, shape or form. Now that they're starting service from SFO to Denver, I can ditch UA altogether, as have people in our Firm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.