Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virgin America Loft LAX Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 7:26 am

I actually went by yesterday and the free food is definitely worse. When i was there they only had some minimal fruit, cookies, and biscotti. Definitely not worth the cost (i already had a prioritypass but wouldnt go otherwise)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:25 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Angolmoise
I actually went by yesterday and the free food is definitely worse. When i was there they only had some minimal fruit, cookies, and biscotti. Definitely not worth the cost (i already had a prioritypass but wouldnt go otherwise)
Was the one and only coffee maker fixed yet?
Old Aug 19, 2016, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by cyber1k
Was the one and only coffee maker fixed yet?
Probably not, but no reason to make the issue a "multiple thread" issue.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:09 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
In the lounge now and the machine is still not fixed.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
In the lounge now and the machine is still not fixed.
Well, then FIX IT! It isn't like you're sitting around drinking coffee!
Old Aug 22, 2016, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Well, then FIX IT! It isn't like you're sitting around drinking coffee!
Well, I only went to see if it was still broken. The door on the stall of the rest room was also broken and did not lock. Not really any reason to hang around there with no coffee/tea/usable rest room.

Maybe next month, I can bring a hose to siphon coffee from the Starbucks downstairs.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Well, I only went to see if it was still broken. The door on the stall of the rest room was also broken and did not lock. Not really any reason to hang around there with no coffee/tea/usable rest room.

Maybe next month, I can bring a hose to siphon coffee from the Starbucks downstairs.
No question today's VX does not reflect well on the global Virgin Brand. Pretty soon we'll be looking at AS as an upgrade at the current rate of VX deterioration. Maybe that is the intention.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL DM
Hah. There was that period earlier this year where the water cooler had gone missing for a few weeks.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by AAddicted
No question today's VX does not reflect well on the global Virgin Brand. Pretty soon we'll be looking at AS as an upgrade at the current rate of VX deterioration. Maybe that is the intention.
Alaska better hope this acquisition moves fast as the longer it goes on only the contractors that have no interest in anything other than a paycheck will be left. Many of the people that cared have already found new jobs.

As for the lounge, DL has already signed the lease for Terminals 2/3 and construction will start in the coming months so although VX will be one of the last to be moved out of T3, it is pretty clear they will just let things fall apart. By early next year, you can happily sit in a pile of dust drinking water from the sink in the bathroom and enjoy the views of the planes landing visible through the holes in the roof.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
When DL takes over T3, VX is scheduled to go to T6 and no Loft will be replaced. No surprises here with the AS BR.

http://clkrep.lacity.org/onlinedocs/...08-02-2016.pdf (pg 115)

Rasheed
Old Sep 18, 2016, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Probably not, but no reason to make the issue a "multiple thread" issue.
Smack me good. Tough crowd.

Truth is the VX Loft experience at LAX is not worth the effort whether admitted for free and especially not for anyone considering paying for it.

Let it serve as an indicator that VX has abandoned any interest in leading a good customer experience across any part of their products. And as far as the influence of AS on this withdraw from treating people well, you will earn the same amount of revenue from me as you deserve.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:09 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Not really any reason to hang around there with no coffee/tea/usable rest room.
Are you sure you weren't in the ANC Alaska Lounge?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by BOB W
Are you sure you weren't in the ANC Alaska Lounge?
I am sure--but good to know--will avoid travelling to ANC the next time I need to get some tea.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AS
This is the main reason we won't fly VX out of LAX.
We remember when AS moved to 6 and VX opened The Loft in AS old space. Great small plates, including sushi and shrimp cocktails. Then small plates went away , free cocktails gone and regulars were upset. they even let us bring Burger King in for lunch because they had nothing to offer (literally) Manager later emailed me to apologize and asked me to come back (gratis) to try again. Never went back.
Now with AS merger, we are splitting the difference. SEA to LAX in F with VX and using the AS lounge at SEA. LAX/ SEA with AS F because AS lounge in 6 is far better than VX Loft. When VX moves to 6, then who knows??
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:47 pm

The Loft lounge will be closing in May. Was just there tonight. Boarding pass scanner not working so agent had to manually look up each person to check his/her status. Airlines will start moving around at the end of this month with VX the last to leave T-3.

Security line was insanely long. Not terrible for precheck but not pretty for everybody else. Will not miss that terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.