Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX has no lounge at its main hub airport ??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

VX has no lounge at its main hub airport ??

Does it make sense that VX has no lounge at sfo (its home base / main hub)? And it did not ask for lounge space prior to T 2 renovation?

And the only lounge is in LAX?

Does not make a whole lot sense
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
A couple of reasons. VX isn't trying to be like every other carrier. It's focusing more on the in-cabin experience, which I think is substantially better than its USA competitors, in all classes. Also, SFO's T2 is one of the most pleasant terminals there are. It's almost like one big lounge, except that you have to pay for stuff.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I think that the long term T2 plan is that AA isn't going to be there, but that appears years off in the distance. VX possibly has considered the AC space for that time. In the meanwhile, there is the VS lounge (not exactly convenient, with limited hours, and spendy) or the terminal itself. It is one place where, depending on the hour, I get something to drink and then set up camp at one of the spacious tables w/plugs, or go to, i.e., Vino Volo. There are very few terminals anywhere that I don't mind not having a lounge, but this is one.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There are very few terminals anywhere that I don't mind not having a lounge, but this is one.
Same here. I've flown in and out of T2 many times, and it never feels crowded. Lots of natural light, seating and all sorts of great food/beverage options. Yes, you have to pay for that, but most legacy carrier elites pay for lounge access. You can pay an annual fee with legacy lounges, or pay-as-you-go with VX in T2.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 6:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
Does it make sense that VX has no lounge at sfo (its home base / main hub)? And it did not ask for lounge space prior to T 2 renovation?

And the only lounge is in LAX?

Does not make a whole lot sense
Please explain what about it does not make sense.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
I agree that it seems "odd" that at the HQ for the airline, there isn't a lounge for VX. I rarely go to LAX so each of my passes over the years just go unused. SFO is the flagship base and seems that it rightly should have a VX lounge.

What's the deal with AA and US now that they are merged in regards to their space at SFO? Will AA be moving to T1? Bet they don't want to do that!! T2 is great and I enjoy waiting there for my flights as well.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
What's the deal with AA and US now that they are merged in regards to their space at SFO? Will AA be moving to T1? Bet they don't want to do that!! T2 is great and I enjoy waiting there for my flights as well.
I believe the plan is to do a complete renovation of T1B. Given how well SFO did with the new International Terminal, T2 and T3E, my guess is that T1 will eventually be quite nice.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, SPG, IHC: Plat Ambasador
The story I heard was that AA vastly outbid VX for the lounge space at T2.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhuey
Same here. I've flown in and out of T2 many times, and it never feels crowded. Lots of natural light, seating and all sorts of great food/beverage options. Yes, you have to pay for that, but most legacy carrier elites pay for lounge access. You can pay an annual fee with legacy lounges, or pay-as-you-go with VX in T2.
Me three. I have access to the AAdmiral's Club in T2, but I almost never stop in there. The terminal has better food and feels a bit more spacious.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by alexr_ft
The story I heard was that AA vastly outbid VX for the lounge space at T2.
Interesting, I heard that the airport essentially gave AA a can't say no deal for the space as incentive for them having to move.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by rjque
Me three. I have access to the AAdmiral's Club in T2, but I almost never stop in there. The terminal has better food and feels a bit more spacious.
Most of the value of a lounge to me is in getting out of a crowded, stress-fest terminal and into a relaxing, pleasant space. Of course the food & beverages are great, but it's really about feeling relief to be in here and out of there.

With T2 at SFO, I feel like the there is just fine. That AAdmiral's Club is nice, but not much better than being out in the terminal.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhuey
Most of the value of a lounge to me is in getting out of a crowded, stress-fest terminal and into a relaxing, pleasant space. Of course the food & beverages are great, but it's really about feeling relief to be in here and out of there.

With T2 at SFO, I feel like the there is just fine. That AAdmiral's Club is nice, but not much better than being out in the terminal.
Agreed. The men's room is nicer than those in the terminals, but the lounge itself often feels more crowded than the terminal outside. Not as bad as the bursting RCC in T3, of course.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: VX Gold
Originally Posted by rjque
Agreed. The men's room is nicer than those in the terminals, but the lounge itself often feels more crowded than the terminal outside. Not as bad as the bursting RCC in T3, of course.
There's also no complementary food available in the Admirals Club, which reduces its value. The house wine is awful and other drinks cost roughly what you'd pay in the terminal itself. So it's really not that great and certainly not worth $50 if you're buying the day passes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.