Wiki Posts
Search

TSA Pre-Check and Virgin America

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by gooseman13
There is a completely separate line at entry for pre-check at T-2. After 5p they close that completely. The triple beep didn't do anything special for me I don't think.
Does the SFO line still close at 5?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 7:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
as far as i know. Last time I checked the TSA pre-check site they had added operating hours.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 10:14 am

Programs: Virgin America Elevate Gold
Virgin America
Terminal 2: 4:30 AM - 5:00 PM

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck/tsa-...ng-airports#14
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:10 am

Departing from SEA to SFO.

TSA Pre didn't beep three times despite adding the trusted traveler in the profile. Airport agent (not TSA) had a horrendous attitude when it didn't beep three times.

Also got declined priority screening even though I'm on Main Cabin Select.

VX needs to get their system together.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sudosandwich

TSA Pre didn't beep three times despite adding the trusted traveler in the profile. Airport agent (not TSA) had a horrendous attitude when it didn't beep three times.

You won't always get 3 beeps even if everything is ok in the system. I got 3 beeps yesterday, but the lane was already closed.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 11:30 am

Ah, it's my first time using TSA-Pre. Thanks for the info. I guess it's kind of a hit and miss. It didn't really bother me that much though, as the normal security line ran faster than TSA-Pre.

I think my major complaint was the unnecessary attitude from the airport agent. lol
Old Aug 19, 2013, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah, it's my first time using TSA-Pre. Thanks for the info. I guess it's kind of a hit and miss. It didn't really bother me that much though, as the normal security line ran faster than TSA-Pre.

I think my major complaint was the unnecessary attitude from the airport agent. lol
VX agent? Or contract "make sure you are going in the correct line" agent?(Airserv?)
Old Aug 19, 2013, 2:03 pm

It was the "Make sure you're going in the right line" agent.
Old Aug 19, 2013, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was the "Make sure you're going in the right line" agent.
It sounds like a comment to VX SFO management is in order so that they know what is going on in the TSA line, and how they are not properly directing people w/status (or class).
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: UA gold; WN A; PC plat; Marriott Gold

how did you book the ticket? directly on virginamerica.com or through a corporate travel agency or normal travel booking website?
Old Aug 19, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It sounds like a comment to VX SFO management is in order so that they know what is going on in the TSA line, and how they are not properly directing people w/status (or class).
For sure, I'm not sure if I'm the only one thats experiencing this problem at SEA though.

Originally Posted by qisu
how did you book the ticket? directly on virginamerica.com or through a corporate travel agency or normal travel booking website?
I booked the flights directly from VX themselves.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry

I JUST went through TSA PreCheck at T2 SFO. I was the only passenger and at least a hundred in the regular line. 30 sec in/out.

Steve
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:18 am

When I went to the PreCheck line the guy asked if I was PreCheck and I confidently said yes, he said well you're Priority so I guess it's ok, and let me in. I did get the magic 3 Beeps.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 4:45 pm

The strangeness is that there is no way for the TSA worker bee to know who to let into the roped-off TSA PreCheck lane, you kind of have to know you belong there, its not a very efficient setup.

Last edited by backdoc; Oct 3, 2013 at 8:12 am
Old Aug 20, 2013, 5:01 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
No issues at SFO or IAD last weekend.

However, one point to Note: At SFO, the line dragon (Not TSA, Airport employee) scanner did not beep 3 times. He wasn't going to let me in the line, then he said oh you are flying "Virgin Americans" and our scanner doesn't properly read those. He said he would take my phone up to the TSA agent to check it before letting me in the line. With the huge line behind me to get BP's checked, I declined and told him I would take my chances with the line and show the BP to the TSA agent directly.

Once I went through the line, I had no issues getting 3 Beeps from the TSA agent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.