Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

ThankYou Points and Virgin America Bookings - Do you get Elevate Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:43 pm
Original Poster

Booked 2 tickets using Thank You points as there is a 33% bonus in redemption rates. The ThankYou.com website says you will be eligible for FF miles, but as VX rates are based on price paid, rather than miles traveled, will I get any Elevate Points?

The system online has me enter my flight info and Elevate number, but it never stores. I can't tell if thats an issue with how the ticket is written, or if it's just VX's website from 1999.

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

PS- thanks VX for JFK to SFO r/t for $222 total after tax. Dunno how those fares got out.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:09 pm

Did you ever find out the answer to your question? I am in the same boat. Might have considered another airline - If I don't get any points. I have an upcoming flight - booked with Thank you points - its on May 21. I will try to report back on my experience.

Originally Posted by grt2106

Booked 2 tickets using Thank You points as there is a 33% bonus in redemption rates. The ThankYou.com website says you will be eligible for FF miles, but as VX rates are based on price paid, rather than miles traveled, will I get any Elevate Points?

The system online has me enter my flight info and Elevate number, but it never stores. I can't tell if thats an issue with how the ticket is written, or if it's just VX's website from 1999.

Anyone have any experience on this matter?

PS- thanks VX for JFK to SFO r/t for $222 total after tax. Dunno how those fares got out.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Just flew yesterday- the points have yet to post.

Will try contacting either party at one point.
I'm aware there is a similar issue with jetBlue, as miles are based on purchase price not distance. I'll have to see.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

I did receive the points for my flight a few days later. Looks like a good reason to redeem ThankYou points for VX flights.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: United
I did receive the points for my flight a few days later. Looks like a good reason to redeem ThankYou points for VX flights.
how many Elevate Points did you receive and how many TY points did you redeem? Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2012, 11:23 am
Original Poster

JFK to SFO -

8330 ThankYou Points Redeemed

460 EleVAte points recieved.

Guess somehow the base fare was around $92- or they just picked an arbitrary # to give me.

No complaints here.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 9:38 pm

Programs: United
JFK to SFO -

8330 ThankYou Points Redeemed

460 EleVAte points recieved.

Guess somehow the base fare was around $92- or they just picked an arbitrary # to give me.

No complaints here.
suppose it's better than nothing. Thanks for reporting back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.