Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Sir Richard Branson to appear on Dallas radio today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton

Sorry to be late posting this...but Sir Richard Branson will be on KTCK 1310 AM The Ticket in Dallas in a few minutes. He'll be joining them for the 5:10 segment.

You can go to The Ticket Website and click on "Listen Live" in the upper right corner to turn in. They'll also likely have it podcasted some time around 9-10 PM tonight.

If for some reason they don't podcast it, then you can check out of their major fan sites The UnTicket.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
He just finished up. It ended up being about a 25-30 minute talk spread over 2 segments. As always, it was great to hear him tell stories of his past as well as offer some insight on the airline and commercial space travel industries.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:11 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, SPG, Hilton HHonors
Sounds great. Any links to the interview or podcast
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dramzan98
Sounds great. Any links to the interview or podcast
I will bump because I did hear it, but since I do not fly VX much anymore, I did not see this thread earlier.

The startion does not podcast all episodes as they think it will take listeners away and "The Unticket" is a listener site which tries to post the funnier parts of the day, or on-air screwups for the most part.

Branson was on that station mainly because CEO David Cush was formerly of American and was a fan of the sports talk/guy talk format of this station. The show he was on is a market leader in afternoon drive.

The interview itself was more on his life with intro and outro on VX at DFW. The hosts were more interested in how he got his money and about Virgin Space.

This month, one of the hosts took a DFW/LAX trip for the Rose Bowl and he had nothing negative to say about the flight, but it did seem to me as if he was only flying AA or WN all his life (and I know Corby).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.