Have to upgrade everyone on reservation!

Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Have to upgrade everyone on reservation!

Flying IAD-SFO today with my brother... figured I would upgrade to F as there were 6 seats available... and the OLCI states:

----

Bumping up to First Class will increase the cost of your ticket by $270.00. If you upgrade yourself you'll have to upgrade everyone in your party. (Our rule, although they'll thank you.)

Your other option is to make separate reservations for those seated in the Main Cabin, but please remember that fares and availability for a separate reservation are not guaranteed until purchased.

Would you like to continue?

----

Silly, huh? I have never seen this before. I would call them to separate the reservations but I imagine that there is a huge wait due to all the JFK/BOS cancellations because of the snowstorm. Looks like I will be in Y!

Peter
Old Dec 27, 2010, 3:42 pm

----

Silly, huh? I have never seen this before. I would call them to separate the reservations but I imagine that there is a huge wait due to all the JFK/BOS cancellations because of the snowstorm. Looks like I will be in Y!

Peter[/QUOTE]

Not really. Having everyone on the same reservation means everyone flies on the same flight in the same cabin of service. if you change one person's flight itinerary, they would have to be on their own reservation.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cringle
----

Peter
Not really. Having everyone on the same reservation means everyone flies on the same flight in the same cabin of service. if you change one person's flight itinerary, they would have to be on their own reservation.[/QUOTE]

This is an OLCI upgrade here, not calling the week before to change things around. UA, DL, AS do OLCI checking upgrades independently for each passenger even when the passengers are on the same PNR. This is the first time I have ever seen anything like this, have you seen it on a different airline? What does Virgin do if there is only 1 F seat available, not make it an option on checkin if there is more than one passenger on a reservation? I think that this is more of a kink in their website than anything, as it is different than how other airlines handle this thought it was worth mentioning.

Peter
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFOPeter
Flying IAD-SFO today with my brother... figured I would upgrade to F . . .
Come on Peter -- let go of all of those childhood issues (and a little cash along with it) -- just upgrade your bro along with you. Problem solved!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:48 pm

Yes, I think it is silly, too. I figured it out early on (among other similar issues), and now I always book everyone separately, and only one-way trips.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.