Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

Virgin America and Youtube Live TODAY! Wifi on VX is here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club

Virgin America Brings Gogo(r) Inflight Internet and YouTube Live to the Skies
Special Flight Will Include First Air-to-Ground Video Stream

SAN FRANCISCO, Nov 21, 2008 (GlobeNewswire via COMTEX) -- On November 22nd, Virgin America is launching Gogo(r) Inflight Internet, via the first air-to-ground video stream during YouTube Live-YouTube's first official real-world user event on November 22nd. The carrier's first Wi-Fi enabled plane will circle the skies above San Francisco during the event and a segment of the YouTube Live show will be streamed from 35,000 feet to an audience on the ground and on-line.

Full Press Release at http://www.marketwatch.com/news/stor...D2CEB02B4E6%7D
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:38 pm

Location: controlling the internets from an underground bunker
Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
I'm posting live from seat 8B on this flight... VX8001.

The service works well, stuff like VoIP, VPN, email, Hulu, etc all work reasonably well. I'll post a full report and pictures once we land.

The tail number is N638VA, for those of you who keep track of such things.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 5:51 pm

Programs: So l33t that I don't need a wallet full of cards to prove it. Black is the new Gold.
Time to sign off, but you can check us out at http://www.youtube.com/live very shortly!
Old Nov 22, 2008, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by markbach
I'm posting live from seat 8B on this flight... VX8001.
It's actually VX 8100
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:06 pm

boarding pass said VX8001 SFO-GTF.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For anyone looking for a freebie, I'm flying Virgin now LAX-JFK. I found a code online for a free pass for a flight. I was suspicious that it was a one-time use code, but it's working for me, in any event. I think it was even from an AirTran promo.

Anyway, free code is:

159FLS7421

Hope it works for ya!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.