Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018
Reload this Page >

VX: Getting tired of having no details yet about their FF program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VX: Getting tired of having no details yet about their FF program

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:33 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by rjque
Am I reading the terms of that program incorrectly or are there no international premium class redemption possibilities? That would be a complete deal-breaker for me, regardless of how fantastic the VX product may be.
DJ doesn't yet have a premium cabin (but will have once they commence flights to USA).

At some stage (hopefully soon but that is probably optimistic) I'd expect the various Virgin FFPs to link up.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
DJ doesn't yet have a premium cabin (but will have once they commence flights to USA).

At some stage (hopefully soon but that is probably optimistic) I'd expect the various Virgin FFPs to link up.
Of course, that could be used as an excuse by their competition to claim that Branson really IS in control and to try to get their license taken away. So they may have to be very careful about this.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 8:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by gkaczmarskyj
I'm in the same situation - UA 1K likely to pull 150K eqm - enjoyed my one VX F SFO-IAD flight. Would fly VX again if eleVate becomes compelling.
Have to reverse my position a bit. Having to fly to JFK twice this month I was trying to book UA and could not find a reasonable fare. Was willing to buy HUP fare into EWR, but that wasn't available. The only thing that was was a fare that was $200 more than VX each time. So I bought VX F for each of the JFK to SFO legs. Doing UA on the outbound. I just won't pay $400 each way on UA if I can't even confirm the upgrade. May as well spend $100 to $150 more and have paid F on VX.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Velocity Rewards

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I'd expect it to operate very similar to DJ (Virgin Blue)'s Velocity Rewards. For more info check out this link.
Anyone got an AU or NZ adress? I want to see the entire store list because I want to know what types of shopping rewards they have, not just the brochure. Also, what happens when I want to go to AU? Am I ineligible for FF rewards? The brochure looks intresting, I would like to have VX add those kind of rewards.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:08 am

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by prismwiz
Anyone got an AU or NZ adress? I want to see the entire store list because I want to know what types of shopping rewards they have, not just the brochure.
Try:
123 Tingal Road,
Wynnum, Queensland 4178
AUSTRALIA

It's in Brisbane, Australia.

BTW - that is not my address. In the same city though ;-) Well actually, I live in Toronto, Canada... but I own a house in Brisbane. ...now I am talking to myself. oh well.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 1:49 am

Programs: VX unless destination indicates otherwise (damn hippieanarchistville--EUG--and PHX)
Thank you for offering

Originally Posted by nermaljcat
Try:
123 Tingal Road,
Wynnum, Queensland 4178
AUSTRALIA

It's in Brisbane, Australia.

BTW - that is not my address. In the same city though ;-) Well actually, I live in Toronto, Canada... but I own a house in Brisbane. ...now I am talking to myself. oh well.
Thank you very much for offering, but Velocity Rewards states that they will send a membership card within ten days to the adress. I'm not sure how the residents will react if they find a "prismwiz" card addresed to there. I can just imagine that the reaction would be similar to the Simpsons episode when Bart prank calls Australia and is forced to come down there and be kicked by a big boot. I don't want that to happen! Would there be any reprocussions if this is a fake adress? Like if I wanted to join the Velocity Rewards when Virgin Blue starts flying to America?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 2:12 am

Velocity Rewards for VX?

I know that I am posting twice in this thread but I wanted to add on a completely seperate topic. (Adding to my post count is always good too)

I looked at the Velocity Rewards website that Kiwi Flyer posted earlier in this thread and I thought it looked really good, until I did the math for points. (my math may be incorrect)

The only prize (that I can see) that looked really good was the fighter jet deluxe package. They want 335,900 points or 251,900 points+$628. They do not allow buying of points or buying with only money. The lowest price for a 40 minute fighter jet package is $38,470.86 if bought with the points +$, or $49842.86 if only by points. To put this in perspective, the lowest price SYD-MEL excluding the limited time promotional fares are $139 each way, so say $300 round trip. One would have to fly SYD-MEL 129X's round trip+pay $628 for the fighter jet package. If using only points, one would have to fly SYD-MEL 167X's round trip. To get a $100 Target gift card at the lowest level one would have to pay $3000. This is a 30:1 price based on points at this level meaning a point is worth $.033 and getting points are worth $.20, $.167, and $.143 depending on status.

VX should implement a system like Velocity, if not join it. I'm sure that having a store would greatly increase the happiness of people who are in the program. I know I would pay a revenue premium to the dream of one day being in a fighter jet. Now if only Velocity would let me join from the USA without using a false adress.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
They have said for months that nothing would be announced until next year.
It's now next year!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's getting tiresome to see a list of my flights taken as the only evidence that there is any record. I showed faith in their promises that they would have a good program, now it's time for them to live up to their word.

Purple-tinted lighting on board is cute, but it doesn't replace a good frequent flyer program!
This was a factor when I booked my tickets for an upcoming flight. I flew VX over New Year's Weekend because it was significantly cheaper than the others. I weighed "losing out" on miles and decided it was a better decision for me. Again I turned to farecompare for this trip and while eleVAte still being somewhat undefined is frustrating, along with a lack of current partners, I opted to fly VX again. Reason: sheerly economical - I'm a grad student on a limited budget and it's hard to beat $277 between NYC and LAX these days. That said, I hope to see eleVAte launch soon with details.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I revisited the website, nothing new. Curious that they ask visitors to their site to give suggestions but haven't bothered to do the same on FT.
Old Jan 12, 2008, 2:30 pm

Programs: VX, UA 2P
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I revisited the website, nothing new. Curious that they ask visitors to their site to give suggestions but haven't bothered to do the same on FT.

I would be surprised if an airline interested in implementing a FF program doesn't read FT It would make sense for them to read the other FF forums as well, to see what ppl like/hate about their current programs.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by nermaljcat
I would be surprised if an airline interested in implementing a FF program doesn't read FT It would make sense for them to read the other FF forums as well, to see what ppl like/hate about their current programs.
As far as I know there is no VX insider on FT. If there is someone from VX reading I encourage you to join and provide us with informantion. I would be pleased to be the insider! All I need is unlimited access to proprietery information, free standby flying privliges, and an airplane named after me! I would happilly devote a few hours a week to VX, they wouldn't even have to pay me! (except as indicated)

If VX is not reading FT and other frequent traveler sites than they need to start. Is there any place that I could email my suggestion to? Maybe a mass email from ppl on FT, that would help.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta Skymiles, SPG
I flew on VX today and spoke to the FA and pilots - they've never heard of FT but maybe they're playing dumb but I told them to visit it anyway so they can see my reviews.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:32 am

Programs: VX eleVAte
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
I flew on VX today and spoke to the FA and pilots - they've never heard of FT but maybe they're playing dumb but I told them to visit it anyway so they can see my reviews.
Don't worry. Your comments, complaints, and suggestions do not go unnoticed. Being part of the Virgin Team, I can't tell you guys much, but wait a bit longer, and a lot more info will come your way =)
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by bcrdukes
Some know of it, when I was on the 7:05 to LAX from JFK on 12/28 I overheard another passenger and FA talking about it in the galley. I thought of piping up but then the lavatory was available.

ETA: Welcome, VXgalea. Looking forward to more info as it becomes available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.