FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   The Boarding Music (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1907318-boarding-music.html)

mfolf May 2, 2018 6:45 pm

The Boarding Music

I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet, but has anyone compiled a list of the chillhop/electronic/house songs that (possibly formerly) played in VX cabins as you board? Alongside the mood lighting, it was probably the most defining "first impression" of the airline's vibe and definitely helped enhance the experience, in my opinion.

I did manage to shazam a few of these over the past few months, as well as find one YouTube playlist of songs that played years ago. Upon the ones I found last year were The Life Aquatic by Moon Boots and Higher Ground by Odezsa. I also emailed VX in Spring last year and got this playlist (which seems to be the the same playlist for this spring):
1 Vincenzo Sleepless (Brooklyn Mood)
2 Classixx Pure Distraction
3 Electric Guest Dear to Me (Instrumental)
4 Mirage of Deep Snooper (Instrumental)
5 Different Sleep (Ft. Deebs) Just Cause
6 Letherette Shanel (Radio Edit)
7 Caroline Pennell Follow the Sun (Alyx Ander Remix)(Instrumental)
8 Stepdad Nightvision (Instrumental)
9 Onra L.O.V.E.

Anyone else catch the names of tunes you heard when flying? Now that May has come with the first full month of AS integration, can anyone confirm if the music is still this vibe or if it's switched to Alaska' Indie selection?

Yeah, I know it's a little thing, but hey, those little things count :)

MiniC May 11, 2018 3:12 pm

VX had my favorite boarding music! I flew on an Alaska Airbus this Monday, and they were still playing the VX music. They also had similar music playing at the ticket counter at SFO.

VX used to have a bunch of Spotify playlists; one of them, called SpotifyOnboard, has their boarding music. This playlist was last updated in Dec'16, so this was likely the music playing last Winter.

https://open.spotify.com/user/virgin...Ahs3jihUYMdZcZ

vji May 11, 2018 6:12 pm

They played "Like a Virgin" on AS1941 LAX->SFO on 4/24!

UAPremierExec May 11, 2018 10:31 pm

I didnt hear it on my SEALAX this evening, but I have been hearing Jamie XX - Loud Places on Alaska

mfolf May 12, 2018 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by MiniC (Post 29743845)
VX had my favorite boarding music! I flew on an Alaska Airbus this Monday, and they were still playing the VX music. They also had similar music playing at the ticket counter at SFO.

VX used to have a bunch of Spotify playlists; one of them, called SpotifyOnboard, has their boarding music. This playlist was last updated in Dec'16, so this was likely the music playing last Winter.

https://open.spotify.com/user/virgin...Ahs3jihUYMdZcZ

Thanks for the link! I so wish I knew about this beforehand; I now feel like I'm back in a purple mood-lit cabin listening to this. :)

VXforever Jul 21, 2018 1:29 am

Too bad Alaska scrubbed this.

mfolf Jul 21, 2018 1:56 am

Well, glad I got the songs saved.

Is it bad that I'm kinda annoyed that they're still playing the same loop on the Airbusses since December? Granted, I guess it's better than hearing some 737s still playing "Waking Up Slow" since January; I dreaded that song throughout spring.

VXforever Jul 23, 2018 2:24 am

Originally Posted by mfolf (Post 29997318)

Is it bad that I'm kinda annoyed that they're still playing the same loop on the Airbusses since December? Granted, I guess it's better than hearing some 737s still playing "Waking Up Slow" since January; I dreaded that song throughout spring.

I think the music had 9-12 month cycles anyway, so the fact they're still playing the same stuff isn't too much of a surprise. (Correct me if I'm wrong, though -- I never tracked this too carefully.)

navydevildoc Sep 18, 2019 8:54 am

Originally Posted by MiniC (Post 29743845)

Originally Posted by VXforever (Post 29997282)
Too bad Alaska scrubbed this.

Originally Posted by mfolf (Post 29997318)

Any chance you guys still have the playlist saved somewhere, and would be willing to share it on Spotify or list the songs here? I was just talking to a friend of mine who is a fellow VX devotee, we both wish we had the playlist.

A321neo Feb 7, 2020 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by mfolf (Post 29709155)
I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about yet, but has anyone compiled a list of the chillhop/electronic/house songs that (possibly formerly) played in VX cabins as you board? Alongside the mood lighting, it was probably the most defining "first impression" of the airline's vibe and definitely helped enhance the experience, in my opinion.

I did manage to shazam a few of these over the past few months, as well as find one YouTube playlist of songs that played years ago. Upon the ones I found last year were The Life Aquatic by Moon Boots and Higher Ground by Odezsa. I also emailed VX in Spring last year and got this playlist (which seems to be the the same playlist for this spring):
1 Vincenzo Sleepless (Brooklyn Mood)
2 Classixx Pure Distraction
3 Electric Guest Dear to Me (Instrumental)
4 Mirage of Deep Snooper (Instrumental)
5 Different Sleep (Ft. Deebs) Just Cause
6 Letherette Shanel (Radio Edit)
7 Caroline Pennell Follow the Sun (Alyx Ander Remix)(Instrumental)
8 Stepdad Nightvision (Instrumental)
9 Onra L.O.V.E.

Anyone else catch the names of tunes you heard when flying? Now that May has come with the first full month of AS integration, can anyone confirm if the music is still this vibe or if it's switched to Alaska' Indie selection?

Yeah, I know it's a little thing, but hey, those little things count :)

Had a nice #FlashbackFriday listening to this while pounding away on my workbooks today