FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Virgin America | Elevate pre 2018 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018-642/)
-   -   Blankets in F thru 4/24 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-america-elevate-pre-2018/1903092-blankets-f-thru-4-24-a.html)

VXforever Apr 9, 2018 12:18 pm

Blankets in F thru 4/24

Are they still putting blankets in F on long haul/hawaii flights until 4/24?

I flew in January and was extremely shocked that a red eye from Hawaii did not have blankets. Is this the new normal, or was that a one-time mistake?

Are they the same grey (long haul) or purple (mid haul) that they've had for the past few years?

CalanMan Apr 9, 2018 4:25 pm

Blankets were removed from the VX soft product some time ago, but will be reappearing this spring with the new, unified AS product: So fresh: Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist. #upgrade Alaska Air Group Inc

Inflight amenities. Settle in with a cozy quilted throw and entertainment tablet on longer flights. The quilted throw will roll out during spring while new larger tablets will arrive later this year.
Discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ast-twist.html

VXforever Apr 9, 2018 5:58 pm

How long ago?

Have there been ANY reports of blankets?

brettsir Apr 9, 2018 6:05 pm

Blankets SHOULD be loaded on all long haul flights. Pillows are no longer an official amenity but depending on stock and station you might get pillow+blanket combo until the legacy VX stock is gone. Your flight should have had blankets but they were probably left on the mainland.

beckoa Apr 9, 2018 10:18 pm

I'm not sure if any of the quilted blankets have made it into rotation yet. I'm still getting the standard AS blanket on the redeyes.

VXforever Apr 10, 2018 8:26 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29622577)
I'm not sure if any of the quilted blankets have made it into rotation yet. I'm still getting the standard AS blanket on the redeyes.

On Virgin America? Or Alaska?

As far as I know, the basic AS blanket has NEVER been on a Virgin America flight.

Remember, this thread is in the VX forum, and I'm referring to the quilted blankets that VX has long equipped its mid-con and trans-con flights with. This is distinctly different than the quilted blankets that AS plans to introduce later this year (which is effectively borrowing one of the nice features of pmVX F).

DrAlex Apr 10, 2018 11:02 am

3 weeks ago, there were blankets in F on the outbound SFO-KOA (320). But not on the return OGG-LAX, but there was an aircraft swap to the new 321 (Giants logo), so they might not have been loaded/ordered. n=1

Legend717 Apr 20, 2018 12:11 am

Originally Posted by VX N281VA (Post 29624071)
Remember, this thread is in the VX forum,

Snootiness will rarely get you far on FT.
And, REMEMBER, you've already been told that "blankets were removed from the VX soft product some time ago."

tusphotog Apr 22, 2018 9:18 pm

No blankets on SFO-IND on 4/8 or whatever day I flew it.

Crzn33k Apr 23, 2018 2:41 pm

Blankets on the Airbus are only on Transcons and Hawaii, Ord, Den and Ind do not have them.
As for AS curently the new blankets are only on JFK and Bos flights.
Iad, Dca, Bwi and Ewr will start receiving the new blankets May 1 followed by Phl,
Tpa, Mco & Fll May 15.
All flights in and out of Hawaii will receive the new blankets I believe May 24

Crzn33k Apr 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog (Post 29672367)
No blankets on SFO-IND on 4/8 or whatever day I flew it.

This flight no longer has blankets

Crzn33k Apr 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by CalanMan (Post 29621561)
Blankets were removed from the VX soft product some time ago, but will be reappearing this spring with the new, unified AS product: So fresh: Alaska Airlines elevates First Class menu and experience, with a West Coast twist.
#upgrade Alaska Air Group Inc

Discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...ast-twist.html

Blankets are still on the Airbus on all lHawaii and East Coast flights

VXforever Nov 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by Crzn33k (Post 29675407)
Blankets are still on the Airbus on all lHawaii and East Coast flights

what are the current AS blankets like? Gray or purple or dark blue? Or does it depend on route?

have they joined the other 3 in providing tissue-thin blankets too?

hawaii-bound Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by VX N281VA (Post 30419383)

what are the current AS blankets like? Gray or purple or dark blue? Or does it depend on route?

Blue quilted blankets on both the JFK/SFO and SFO/KOA flights. A vast improvement on what you get on United flights but a bit thinner than the AA blankets.

brettsir Nov 12, 2018 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by VX N281VA (Post 30419383)

The correct blankets should be blue with a green Alaska tag on them. If you get a purple blanket or a grey blanket (or anything with a pillow) its probably old VX running out their stock. The blue AS blankets are nicer than AA/DL/UA non transcon blankets, decently thick and large-ish. Same thickness as old VX blankets, larger than the purple ones, smaller than the grey ones.