Is VX still using GoGo Inflight for WiFi?

Old Apr 2, 18, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Is VX still using GoGo Inflight for WiFi?

Am taking my final VX flight next week, and recall that that the last time I flew them, they were in some kind of switchover from GoGo Inflight to Alaska's wifi -
or something like that. And you had to find out which one would be used on your flight.

Gogo is about 40% cheaper if you buy in advance. But if the plane is no longer utilizing Gogo, there's no reason to buy it in advance. The last time, in December, I asked
the gate attendant, and she said she didn't know. It turned out our flight was Gogo equipped.

I'm flying IAD-LAX next Thursday, and am wondering what the status is of wifi providers on Virgin America aircraft.
Old Apr 2, 18, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
AS uses Gogo too. You were probably on one of the VX birds that has ViaSat WiFi.
Old Apr 2, 18, 4:26 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Virgin America Elevate Gold (Founding Member)
Originally Posted by jinglish View Post
AS uses Gogo too. You were probably on one of the VX birds that has ViaSat WiFi.
This. Was going to say the same thing. Also, I believe when you buy a Gogo pass in advance you can use it on any Gogo partner airline.
Old Apr 9, 18, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by FluxTZ View Post

This. Was going to say the same thing. Also, I believe when you buy a Gogo pass in advance you can use it on any Gogo partner airline.

This is correct.

Search this Thread