Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Loft Closed on May 10

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 6:13 am
Original Poster

LAX Loft Closed on May 10

Just got a new lounge update from Priority Pass, and it listed this next month's upcoming in the program. Nothing regarding LAX, but when I went to the "most popular lounges" link and LAX and searched Virgin America Loft, it included the following under "additional information..."

Conference facilities are subject to payment. Please note the lounge will close on 14MAY17.

That's the first I've seen this date, which seems a bit later than what we've seen about the terminal move, so I thought I'd pass it on.

[Edited by dayone AS/VX moderator.]

Last edited by dayone; May 12, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reason: Add actual closing date.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS
Thanks for the update.
However, you misread the date.
It is how airlines, europeans,medical(and I am sure others) list dates.
Day/Month/year hence,
closing May 14th, 2017.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
So is the entire lounge closing or is it just closing to Priority Pass (similar to what's happening on May 1st at the PDX Alaska Lounge)?
Old Apr 10, 2017, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
So is the entire lounge closing or is it just closing to Priority Pass (similar to what's happening on May 1st at the PDX Alaska Lounge)?
I wouldn't be surprised if DL needs to use various T2 and 3 lounges as Ghettosky Clubs on an interim basis.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Entire VX operations at T-3 are moving to T-6. The Loft at LAX will cease operations as a separate lounge. I have been told that both AS and VX personnel will man the desk at T-6 Lounge.
AS Lounge at T-6 will now accommodate VX passengers who qualify for lounge access . VX Elites will continue to have access through the end of this year and VX F passengers will be admitted per AS Lounge policy for F.
Using PP to gain entrance to AS LAX lounge may be much more difficult going forward, due to capacity increase from VX.
We are traveling May 17th , VX F out of LAX. Will report back.
Will miss the peace and quiet of The Loft, and the great views.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
The Loft was very full yesterday afternoon, but I agree the views are truly excellent. A sign out front announced the closing. The Loft front desk employees will become gate agents.
Old Apr 10, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MVPG, DL Silver, United Silver, Accor Platinum, Marriott Ambassador
Per the Virgin America website:

"The Loft at LAX (closing May 10, 2017) - The Loft at LAX is flying away on May 10 and access to the Alaska Lounge in Terminal 6 will be available starting on May 13. Until then, treat yourself to a bite or beverage at the Virgin America Loft at LAX. The Loft is located past security at Terminal 3 on the upper level. You can access the Loft by taking the stairs or elevator, both located near the food court."

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/fl...x-lounges.html
Old Apr 11, 2017, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pcoll
Entire VX operations at T-3 are moving to T-6. The Loft at LAX will cease operations as a separate lounge. I have been told that both AS and VX personnel will man the desk at T-6 Lounge.
AS Lounge at T-6 will now accommodate VX passengers who qualify for lounge access . VX Elites will continue to have access through the end of this year and VX F passengers will be admitted per AS Lounge policy for F.
Using PP to gain entrance to AS LAX lounge may be much more difficult going forward, due to capacity increase from VX.
We are traveling May 17th , VX F out of LAX. Will report back.
Will miss the peace and quiet of The Loft, and the great views.
With the PDX Alaska Lounge closing to PP on May 1st, my guess is LAX will do the same, maybe not on the exact same date, but soon. LAX really does need a Centurion Lounge....soon.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by jimmygottfredson
Per the Virgin America website:

"The Loft at LAX (closing May 10, 2017) - The Loft at LAX is flying away on May 10 and access to the Alaska Lounge in Terminal 6 will be available starting on May 13. Until then, treat yourself to a bite or beverage at the Virgin America Loft at LAX. The Loft is located past security at Terminal 3 on the upper level. You can access the Loft by taking the stairs or elevator, both located near the food court."

https://www.virginamerica.com/cms/fl...x-lounges.html
Arrived at LAX yesterday from SEA. Flew VX F and upon landing realized that this would be the last time in T-3 with VX. (departing flight May 17, VX)
Went upstairs to bid farewell to lounge. Many years spent in this space, first with AS and then VX. Husband reminded me, "that is where you spent a couple hours chatting with Jodie Foster".( side note, she approached me and asked if she could sit and chat).
We took one long last look at the great views and peaceful lounge. It was 2pm and only 3 people in The Loft.
This will not be the case at AS Lounge
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pcoll
Arrived at LAX yesterday from SEA. Flew VX F and upon landing realized that this would be the last time in T-3 with VX. (departing flight May 17, VX)
Went upstairs to bid farewell to lounge. Many years spent in this space, first with AS and then VX. Husband reminded me, "that is where you spent a couple hours chatting with Jodie Foster".( side note, she approached me and asked if she could sit and chat).
We took one long last look at the great views and peaceful lounge. It was 2pm and only 3 people in The Loft.
This will not be the case at AS Lounge
Am up front now on VX89 en route IAD-LAX, headed to Palm Desert and Coachella. Will make a stop at the Loft when we arrive to say thanks and good bye to the day crew. Will also stop before we take the redeye back next week. Great views, friendly staff members, and decent beer. Gonna miss it.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 12:21 am

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by HomerJay
Am up front now on VX89 en route IAD-LAX, headed to Palm Desert and Coachella. Will make a stop at the Loft when we arrive to say thanks and good bye to the day crew. Will also stop before we take the redeye back next week. Great views, friendly staff members, and decent beer. Gonna miss it.
Yes, this was a good haven from the madness of T-3. Agree with the great staff and views, some who remembered me by first name.

If have an LAX flight before then, I will do the same.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 4:05 am

I have a VX transcon red eye 5/10. Will I still be able to use the Loft on 5/10 9pm-ish?

Will VX flight depart T-3 or T-6 on 5/10?
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I have a VX transcon red eye 5/10. Will I still be able to use the Loft on 5/10 9pm-ish?
Yes, the Loft is open until 11:30 pm.

Will VX flight depart T-3 or T-6 on 5/10?
T3.
Old Apr 16, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Yes, the Loft is open until 11:30 pm.

T3.
so I assume the last day of loft operation is until 1130pm 5/10? "loft closing on 5/10" is kinda ambiguous for those who want to access loft on 5/10...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 3:22 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

so I assume the last day of loft operation is until 1130pm 5/10? "loft closing on 5/10" is kinda ambiguous for those who want to access loft on 5/10...
I was told regular hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.