Palm Springs flights - food??

Old Feb 3, 18, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
Palm Springs flights - food??

What kind of food can I expect in MCS on the short SFO<->PSP flights? Can I get 2 alcoholic drinks at once or do I have to finish the first one?

It's a very short flight, so I am not sure how they cater and service it (I'm used to WN where sometimes there is no beverage service on short flights).
Old Feb 4, 18, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Boraxo View Post
What kind of food can I expect in MCS on the short SFO<->PSP flights? Can I get 2 alcoholic drinks at once or do I have to finish the first one?

It's a very short flight, so I am not sure how they cater and service it (I'm used to WN where sometimes there is no beverage service on short flights).
I'd ask for a 'double' and the worst they can say is no. As far as catering, they apparently got rid of the Red ordering so who knows. PSP can have really severe winds on arrival, so don't be surprised if the crew preps for arrival early - and I don't mean "AS-skittish-somebody-sneezed" we can't serve you turbulence, I mean "the plane will jump around unpredictably" turbulence.
Old Feb 4, 18, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
The website says you get real food if the flight is >2 hours so I'm guessing we will be limited to snack boxes. Oh well...

Search this Thread