Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F food options SFO-PSP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:28 am
Original Poster

F food options SFO-PSP

Just booked what will likely be my last VX flight SFO-PSP. The flight is fairly short, I was wondering what the First Class food options will be...It's a 4:50pm flight, so I'm hoping something quite filling.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
If you're looking for something filling, pick something up in the terminal before boarding. You'll likely get a choice from the Dean & Deluca snack basket and *might* get a protein snack (pita + hummus IIRC). There definitely won't be a full meal service on such a short flight.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Phamer55
Just booked what will likely be my last VX flight SFO-PSP. The flight is fairly short, I was wondering what the First Class food options will be...It's a 4:50pm flight, so I'm hoping something quite filling.
It's 366 nautical miles. You'll be at cruising for less than an hour. They'll probably pass around the Dean and Deluca snack basket. The gummy bears are decent.

Hint: To find the nearest In 'n Out Burger when you land, turn left on Ramon Road and follow it out to I-10, cross the 10 to 72665 Varner Road in Thousand Palms. Just hang another right after you cross the 10, and you'll see the InOB on the right just down the road.

A Double-Double and fries are filling and better than what you'll get on what is essentially a one hour hop on an AS flight on VX metal.
jinglish likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Very disappointing. Both flights ran out of snack items in <60 seconds after ordering system was unlocked. I understand the food storage has limitations though these are all packaged non-perishables. Paying extra for MCS I would expect they would save at least some items but clearly not a priority. We were not trying to order 10 items just a single snack item for each child. There was no snack basket for MCS (I think that's for F, no?)

As for PSP airport options, there is not much at the terminal itself (though a Starbucks landside) but a Five Guys is nearby on the road just outside the airport itself.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Very disappointing. Both flights ran out of snack items in <60 seconds after ordering system was unlocked. I understand the food storage has limitations though these are all packaged non-perishables. Paying extra for MCS I would expect they would save at least some items but clearly not a priority. We were not trying to order 10 items just a single snack item for each child. There was no snack basket for MCS (I think that's for F, no?)
Snack basket is for F; Main Cabin Select guests can order whatever they want from Red after the initial cart service. Sounds like the aircraft wasn't catered properly (or at all) if they ran out of Main Cabin food so quickly. In the 100+ VX flights I've flown, I've never seen a flight run completely out of food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.