Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Child carseat unusable b/c reclined seat

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by Boraxo
First class? Seats still recline but presumably more room all around. Of ourse we generally used the lap child option when flying F.

Personally i don’t fly domestic red eyes anymore so don’t have much sympathy for those who do and expect to sleep. It’s hard enough to sleep in TATL or TPAC lie flat seats, almost impossible sitting upright.
Impossible for you doesn't mean impossible for anyone else.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by theddo
Impossible for you doesn't mean impossible for anyone else.
Clearly the airlines are counting on that when they sell these seats (to someone besides me)
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: DeltaPrivateJet, Ritz PP, Delta 4 million miler - Flying Colonel; AA Exec Plat (3 million + USAir)
By law you are not only allowed, but encouraged by the FAA to use the child seat
write the FAA and the airline. They, by law, should have had the passenger cooperate.

Next time, push his seat up, if he violated my child that way, I would have dumped a glass of water on his head IF the FA and capitain did not fix the problem
Old Mar 20, 2018, 3:42 pm

Blame the Airlines that insist on cramming as many people on a flight as possible. There should be a mandated 32" pitch minimum on all economy seats which might help accommodate the HUGE car seats that are used now.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by Oxnardjan
Blame the Airlines that insist on cramming as many people on a flight as possible. There should be a mandated 32" pitch minimum on all economy seats which might help accommodate the HUGE car seats that are used now.
Why?

If you cannot fit in the seat you should have to buy more than one, if you would like to use the seat in front of you pay for it. Making everything worse for everyone because a select few are too stupid to understand how to plan ahead isn't - and shouldn't be - a viable solution to any problem.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 7:23 am

You missed the point that seat pitch effects the depth of the chair not the width of the chair. A minimum 32" seat pitch would help accommodate taller people and possibly car seats. I agree if you don't fit width ways then you need to purchase a second seat. BTW an infrequent flyer shouldn't be called stupid because they don't know the huge difference in planes or seating differences on the many carriers. Not everyone is as informed or know how to be informed as you seem to think they should be.

Why?

If you cannot fit in the seat you should have to buy more than one, if you would like to use the seat in front of you pay for it. Making everything worse for everyone because a select few are too stupid to understand how to plan ahead isn't - and shouldn't be - a viable solution to any problem.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:26 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
I certainly care neither for the comfort or safety of your child and if he or she were to suffer that would - again - not bother me in the slightest.
I believe this is called sociopathy.

You make some fair points when on topic, but this isn't appropriate. People who care neither for other human beings' safety or suffering shouldn't be allowed on airplanes, or any other infrastructure, for that matter.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Everyone, this thread has veered to the land of closure.

We are closing this thread.

Ryandc99, Moderator Alaska Airlines

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.