Wiki Posts
Search

Best Restaurant SFO T2

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Best Restaurant SFO T2

Have to spend a few hours in T2 and was wondering what the best place to get food/hang out for ~2+ hours would be.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
Probably CatCora if you want light bites and food cocktails.

Probably Lark Creek Grill if you want good food.

Both are great.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by VX N281VA
Probably CatCora if you want light bites and food cocktails.

Probably Lark Creek Grill if you want good food.

Both are great.
+1

If it is open you can buy a pass for the VA Club House, which is $40, but includes full sit down a la carte menu and top shelf booze. It is in the Intl terminal, but its no more than a 10 minute walk/train ride. Also, the VA Club House is land side, so no need to clear security in the Intl. Terminal.
jimmygottfredson likes this.

Last edited by ptownca; Sep 4, 2017 at 9:23 pm Reason: added info
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ptownca
+1

If it is open you can buy a pass for the VA Club House, which is $40, but includes full sit down a la carte menu and top shelf booze. It is in the Intl terminal, but its no more than a 10 minute walk/train ride.
Just to clarify, to do this will require exiting the secure area of T2 and have to go through security again.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:57 pm

Programs: B6/Mosaic/AF/VX/AS Gold Hertz PC HH Dia. AMEX Plat SPG/Marr Gold Nat. EE FPC Plat
Originally Posted by Baze
Just to clarify, to do this will require exiting the secure area of T2 and have to go through security again.
Yes, but if you have Pre-Check or Clear, the lines are generally very fast in T-2, I've never waited more than 2-3 minutes there in the past 4 years.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Yes, but if you have Pre-Check or Clear, the lines are generally very fast in T-2, I've never waited more than 2-3 minutes there in the past 4 years.
I've waited 10 to 15 minutes with Pre on occasion. Just beware.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I'm arriving into T2 and waiting so unfortunately cannot reclear, otherwise it would be off to the Centurion.

Thanks for the recs though.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
T2 has nice eating, so no problem about not going to other lounges.
Even Napa Farms Market has great casual dining food.
I intentionally arrive early for our T2 flights because I don't want to miss my flight in case of tsa or checkin delay. And then we get yummies at the airport. I prefer this style of flying.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
T2 is the nicest terminal experience in the USA. Gate areas are never overcrowded, plenty of tables and outlets, decent dining at any (non fast food value menu) price point.
ptownca likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Plat, VS Gold, UA Plat, VX Gold (RIP), AS MVP 75K, Starriot Plat, Hertz President's Circle
If it is open you can buy a pass for the VA Club House, which is $40, but includes full sit down a la carte menu and top shelf booze. It is in the Intl terminal, but its no more than a 10 minute walk/train ride.
+1. VA Clubhouse completely worth it. Enjoy it while it lasts, I'm afraid to say.
jimmygottfredson likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the teriyaki chicken bowl or the beef curry on rice at Wakaba in T2. Haven't bought it myself but lots of people buy the sushi here.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:46 pm

I've never been to Lark's Creek(I would though if i had the time). There is always Cat Cora's Kitchen.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
T2 is the nicest terminal experience in the USA. Gate areas are never overcrowded, plenty of tables and outlets, decent dining at any (non fast food value menu) price point.
Wow! I love love T2 but didn't really think it was the nicest in USA. I don't fly to enough places so I could only speculate that it's nicest at SFO.

I like PDX a lot but it's larger than T2.

I like the idea that T2 is the best in USA :-)
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
My go to place back in my UA flying days was Lori's Diner...simple, tasty, and large portions Anything similar in T2?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My go to place back in my UA flying days was Lori's Diner...simple, tasty, and large portions Anything similar in T2?
Yes - another fun friendly diner just like Lori's. But I forget the name; it's at the end of T2 by a cute children's area with a "racing" butterflies exhibit. One end has the candy shop and Lark Creek. This diner is at the opposite end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.